Matt Mercado

Default Tac Matchless power supply

Hello,
I am looking for the chord that goes between the Tac Matchless Board and the
Power Supply.
Can anyone point me in the direction of somewhere I can find it?
Thanks,
Matt

Phil Allison

"Matt Mercado"

Hello,
I am looking for the chord that goes between the Tac Matchless Board and
the
Power Supply.
Can anyone point me in the direction of somewhere I can find it?
Thanks,

** First make a careful search of the studio, then your car and finally the
whole house.

The lost chord will turn up.

Jimmy Durante is smiling down on you.

........... Phil

Gareth Magennis

"Matt Mercado" wrote in message
Hello,
I am looking for the chord that goes between the Tac Matchless Board and
the
Power Supply.
Can anyone point me in the direction of somewhere I can find it?
Thanks,
Matt

Your chord may be diminished.. Try looking underneath something heavy as it
may just be a little flat.

Gareth.

Richard Crowley

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message

"Matt Mercado" wrote in message
Hello,
I am looking for the chord that goes between the Tac Matchless Board
and the
Power Supply.
Can anyone point me in the direction of somewhere I can find it?
Thanks,
Matt

Your chord may be diminished.. Try looking underneath something heavy
as it may just be a little flat.

Or the chord may be broken (perhaps even an arpeggio?)

[Hint: A "chord" is a group of musical notes.
A "cord" is an electrical cable, etc.]

Gareth Magennis

Or the chord may be broken (perhaps even an arpeggio?)

Certainly sounds like his cadence is interrupted.

Gareth.

Pooh Bear

Matt Mercado wrote:

Hello,
I am looking for the chord that goes between the Tac Matchless Board and the
Power Supply.
Can anyone point me in the direction of somewhere I can find it?

You really set yourself up for a giggle by saying what you did !

Do you want a new PSU cable ?

TAC was formerly part of / associated with Amek IIRC.

Graham

Scott Dorsey

Matt Mercado wrote:
Hello,
I am looking for the chord that goes between the Tac Matchless Board and the
Power Supply.
Can anyone point me in the direction of somewhere I can find it?

Probably easier just to make one.

Gareth Magennis

I don't know what the current version of TAC and Amek is, but perhaps
a little web searching will get you to the company who probalby has
the original documentation and can send you an assembly diagram and
information on the connector types if they're not obvious.

In the UK try AMEK 0161 868 2400

or AMEK SPARES:

Or try Funky Junk 0207 609 5479

Gareth.

Matt Mercado

Hey, very cute answers guys!
The search the STudio is probably the best since it was a move.
Seriously, can anyone give me advice on how to replace this chord, or has this
just become a group for exchanging short bread recipies?
Thanks,
Matt

In article , Gareth Magennis
says...

Or the chord may be broken (perhaps even an arpeggio?)

Certainly sounds like his cadence is interrupted.

Gareth.

Matt Mercado

THanks for the replies!
I will try them all.
The board was moved from a studio to a storage area in Oak Park, IL (suburb of
Chicago).
I'm trying to get it up and running and I'm looking to sell it and an MCI JH-24
at a reasonable price.
First things first, I need to power it up.
I've been in the studio biz for 20 years and I would NEVER sell anything I
didn't know worded as advertised.
Thanks,
Matt

In article , Gareth Magennis
says...

I don't know what the current version of TAC and Amek is, but perhaps
a little web searching will get you to the company who probalby has
the original documentation and can send you an assembly diagram and
information on the connector types if they're not obvious.

In the UK try AMEK 0161 868 2400

or AMEK SPARES:

Or try Funky Junk 0207 609 5479

Gareth.

Scott Dorsey

Matt Mercado wrote:
Hey, very cute answers guys!
The search the STudio is probably the best since it was a move.
Seriously, can anyone give me advice on how to replace this chord, or has this
just become a group for exchanging short bread recipies?

Well, what are the connectors on it? If it's a straight-through XLR-5
cable, you can just order one. If it's got some of the big Cannon connectors,
where you live will determine where to get the connectors from, but in the
US, Newark Electronics stocks them.

Matt Mercado

Thanks Mike!
I'll stop calling it a chord, its a cable dammit!
Going to check it now at the space.
Matt
In article znr1123553787k@trad, Mike Rivers says...

In article writes:

Seriously, can anyone give me advice on how to replace this chord, or has this
just become a group for exchanging short bread recipies?

First, please stop calling it a "chord" and start calling it a
"cable."

Second, what kind of help do you want? The concensus seems to be that
you'll have to make it or get it made. This involves buying the proper
connectors, some wire, and soldering them together.

The missing information is which pins on one end go to which pins on
the other end. If both ends use the same type of connector (though
perhaps of opposite gender) it's pin 1 to pin 1, pin 2, to pin 2, etc.

But if there are different connectors on each end, you need to find
out what connects to what, and for that you'll need a wiring diagram.
Even though the cable and mixer may be out of production, the company
almost certainly still has the documentation. You're not asking for
any trade secrets, so they should give you the information. And then
you'll be getting it from the horse's mouth rather than from another
part of the horse.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )

Audio Maintenance Limited

We stock spare parts for AMEK and TAC consoles and manufacture the
cables to order.

You can download part number drawings of the Matchless from our website
www.audiomaintenance.com

The DC cable is GBP 22.95 + freight + VAT (if applicable)

Colin Adshead.