Andy Katz

Default How do I bi-amp?

Hi everyone,

I just bought a pair of CM2's. They're powered by an uncoupled
Yamaha AX 570 (Luxman pre-amp/tuner for control), and thus far I'm
pleased. But I'm already wondering about bi-amping them. Does the
second amp have to match the Yamaha, or visa-versa? Does this require
a central controller to match power output from the dual sources?

TIA

Andy Katz
Kalman Rubinson

On 5 Aug 2005 23:05:18 GMT, Andy Katz wrote:

Hi everyone,

I just bought a pair of CM2's. They're powered by an uncoupled
Yamaha AX 570 (Luxman pre-amp/tuner for control), and thus far I'm
pleased. But I'm already wondering about bi-amping them. Does the
second amp have to match the Yamaha, or visa-versa? Does this require
a central controller to match power output from the dual sources?

Yes. You need some way to balance the output levels of the amps.

Kal

Andy Katz

On 6 Aug 2005 15:17:54 GMT, Kalman Rubinson wrote:

On 5 Aug 2005 23:05:18 GMT, Andy Katz wrote:

Hi everyone,

I just bought a pair of CM2's. They're powered by an uncoupled
Yamaha AX 570 (Luxman pre-amp/tuner for control), and thus far I'm
pleased. But I'm already wondering about bi-amping them. Does the
second amp have to match the Yamaha, or visa-versa? Does this require
a central controller to match power output from the dual sources?

Yes. You need some way to balance the output levels of the amps.

I see.

Thanks . . . . .

Andy Katz

[excessive sig deleted -- deb]