mcp6453

Default Edirol M100FX Mixer

The Edirol M100FX Mixer appears to be the perfect mixer for an upcoming
project I have, both in physical size and price. Obviously it's no Neve,
but how does it compare with a Mackie 1202? In particular, how decent
are the mic pres, and how noisy is it? (I have no interest in the
on-board effects.) Durability should not be a problem because it will
see low use.

I'm trying to decide whether to buy this unit for $200 or whether to
have my original Mackie 1202 rebuilt for $150. The Mackie has a slight
low end deficiency in one channel, presumably because of a bad coupling
cap somewhere in the signal path. The repair shop that Mackie recommends
says to replace the pots on the 1202, which apparently crap out
frequently. They also say that the original pres are better than the
newer pres.

Bonus question: Why does Markertek want $495 for the same unit that BSW
sells for $199?
mcp6453

mcp6453 wrote:
[...]

Never mind. The Edirol is discontinued, and BSW doesn't have any more.
Now, the same question for the Soundcraft Folio RW5353 for $189.