Jeremy

Default More help requested

Hey again... thanks for those with input regarding the Pioneer speakers
(which turned out to be an old model, the newer one of which sells for
appoximately $100 less _retail_ price than the liquidation store was
selling.)

Meanwhile, today I purchased a pair of Paradigm Titans. I notice that they
are listed to take a max. input of 60W, and decided to check on my amp
(which I bought used at a pawn shop a couple years ago) to see what it's
output was. It is a Sony STR D615, and it lists it's power output as 70W.

So now the question is.... can I run these speakers with this amp without
wrecking anything, and if so, do I need to change any settings to make that
happen? Can the power output on the amp be lowered somehow?

Thanks in advance for your help...

peace.......jer

--
*****Jeremy Vis*****jvis AT shaw DOT ca****
Corduroy pillows - they're making headlines

Jack Dotson

Yes, it will be fine. Speakers are actually damaged most of the time
because of too little power.

Use your ears, if you start to hear the speakers distort in any way, turn
the volume down.

. ca...