Jeremy

Default Pioneer??

Hi folks....

Somewhat new to the home audio field. The other day I ran across some
speakers in a discount/liquidation store in Canada, and saw a pair of
Pioneer floor standing speakers for about $250 Canadian. The model # on the
back read 'S-H552F-K'. I wrote it down to come home and look around for
reviews of the speaker to see if they were worth $250 or not, and have found
nothing on these speakers at all. Even Pioneer's site itself lists only the
S-H352F-K and S-H452F-K models... but I double checked again and I _did_
write down the right model number.

Does anyone know anything about these speakers? Do they exist, or were they
all recalled or something like that? Is this line of speakers any good for
their relative market value, is $250 cdn a good deal, or should I keep
looking for a comparable Paradigm or something? (my first choice in speakers
is Paradigm, but if these speakers are a great deal at $250, then I'll
consider picking them up instead)

Thanks for any help.... kinda lost on this one!

Peace.......jer

--
*****Jeremy Vis*****jvis AT shaw DOT ca****
Corduroy pillows - they're making headlines

George Mann

[posted and mailed]

"Jeremy" wrote in
. ca:

[...]

An internet search shows that someone else has and uses these in their
HT system. They are rated at 160watts. No other info is given. The web
address is http://www.scubajason.com/theater.html. Maybe this individual
can tell you more about them.

Have you heard the speakers? Do you like what they sound like?
Do you feel that they are a bargain sonically over the Paradigm's?