Philip Franklin

Default digital audio shortage

Kalman Rubinson wrote in message . ..
A 75ohm video switcher will work just fine. Start at RS where they
have manual and remote-controlled switches.

Kal

On 14 Aug 2003 14:57:17 -0700, (Philip
Franklin) wrote:

Hey guys, I have a quandary. I'm converting to an all-digital system.
Really a mostly digital system, but anyway. I will soon need four
digital audio ports on my processor but it only has three. I'd like to
find something that can be an outboard switcher. They make these for
line sources and for speakers. Also for audio-video sources. Does
anybody know if there's one for coaxial digital sources?

If there isn't one available, I see two choices. The first one is to
get a cheap receiver and use it to switch two or three of the cables.
The 2 drawbacks to that idea it adds a whole nother box to my system,
and the sound quality may be affected badly.

The second one is to go shopping for an upgrade to my processor. I
haven't done any research yet so I don't know what's available. I can
get away with spending only a couple hundred max. If I sell my current
one, it's worth about $250.

Suggestions welcome.

Phil

Hi Kal. Took me a while to figure out what happened on this post. I
saw you had made a reply but I couldn't see it at first.

I'm using your advice about a video switcher. I've learned a little
more and that's a pretty clever idea. At least if the signal goes
through all those switches without losing too much integrity.

Anyway.... I'm not too fond of radio Shack. So I probably won't go
there. I did see a number of nice ones on ebay though. Any advice on
buying a used one thru ebay? My sister in law is a veteran and she
gave me some guidlines.

Phil