Marc Phillips

Default The Death of Vinyl?

I just had an editor of mine send this article to me:

It'll be interesting to see if this player revolutionizes the DJ market. It'll
also be interesting to see how well vinyl survives, so that Arny can finally
shut up about how turntablists are keeping the format alive.

BTW, I went to a wedding this weekend, and the DJ used a laptop for everything.
I actually found this quite interesting.

Boon

Marc Phillips

Paul said:

(Marc Phillips) wrote:

I just had an editor of mine send this article to me:

It'll be interesting to see if this player revolutionizes the DJ market.

It'll
also be interesting to see how well vinyl survives, so that Arny can finally
shut up about how turntablists are keeping the format alive.

BTW, I went to a wedding this weekend, and the DJ used a laptop for

everything.
I actually found this quite interesting.

They make it sound revolutionary, it's not. Computers with dedicated
hardware interfaces have been around for a while now that do the same
thing. A minority of DJ's use them, but check out the top names. How
many of them use CD or MP3?? Bollock all. Norman Cook wouldn't touch
it with yours!!

DJ's adore vinyl because 1) it's tactile 2) they like the sound. A
needle running the groove on a 10 kilowatt PA rig shifts some ****ing
air, whether theres some sound in there or not. That's part of what
gets the crowd into a frenzy. Goose bumps like you get at home when
you drop the needle, multipled tenfold..

Well said. I think I'll pass your comments on to my editor, if you don't mind!

Marc

Sound card for vinyl restoration? Recommendations? Michael Volow General 0 April 13th 04 03:44 PM
FS: blue/gray vinyl custom kickpanels for '96 Civic The Good Bohemian Car Audio 0 February 13th 04 02:41 PM
Vinyl Recoding to Cd Creator..which wav format MK General 3 October 13th 03 02:12 PM
Ripping From Vinyl Jimbo General 0 August 29th 03 05:47 PM
People that have or do listen to both Vinyl and Cd: Basicsurvey/poll Max Holubitsky Audio Opinions 85 August 10th 03 08:53 PM