Bernard Durand

Default DIY line speaker level to RCA

I have an extra subwoofer whom I would like to lend to a friend,
unfortunately this friend's receiver, being an older Yamaha; does not have a
sub out. Needless to say, the only mean of connecting the Servo 15 is by
using an RCA. I am looking for an easy DIY project to convert the signal
from speaker level to RCA.

Thank you for help.

Regards

Bernard

Bernard Durand

Thank you kindly Arny for the information.

Regards

Bernard
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Bernard Durand" wrote in message

I have an extra subwoofer whom I would like to lend to a friend,
unfortunately this friend's receiver, being an older Yamaha; does not
have a sub out. Needless to say, the only mean of connecting the
Servo 15 is by using an RCA. I am looking for an easy DIY project to
convert the signal from speaker level to RCA.

Products that do this are common in stores that cater to car stereo.

http://www.thevideodoctor.com/pages/HSHL-2.htm

http://www.electronixwarehouse.com/c...converters.htm

http://www.circuits2u.com/pages/AUDSPKCNV.htm

http://www.hut.fi/Misc/Electronics/c...r_to_line.html

Arny Krueger

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"Bernard Durand" wrote in message

I have an extra subwoofer whom I would like to lend to a friend,
unfortunately this friend's receiver, being an older Yamaha; does
not have a sub out. Needless to say, the only mean of connecting the
Servo 15 is by using an RCA. I am looking for an easy DIY project to
convert the signal from speaker level to RCA.

Thank you for help.

Regards

Bernard

I suggest you run it from the tape out or pre out.

It will be cleaner.

Finding a line out whose volume tracks the regular speakers will be quite a
challenge.

Receivers with preamp outputs are in the minority. Surround receivers with a
line level subwoofer output is easy.

Robert Morein

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"Bernard Durand" wrote in message

I have an extra subwoofer whom I would like to lend to a friend,
unfortunately this friend's receiver, being an older Yamaha; does
not have a sub out. Needless to say, the only mean of connecting the
Servo 15 is by using an RCA. I am looking for an easy DIY project to
convert the signal from speaker level to RCA.

Thank you for help.

Regards

Bernard

I suggest you run it from the tape out or pre out.

It will be cleaner.

Finding a line out whose volume tracks the regular speakers will be quite

challenge.

Good point.

Receivers with preamp outputs are in the minority. Surround receivers with

line level subwoofer output is easy.

Preamp outs became available before subwoofer outs. It's worth a look.

Arny Krueger

[...]

Bernard Durand is an old-timer. His first rec.audio.* post dates to 1996.
I'll bet money he looked for preamp outs before he made his initial post.

Bernard

[...]

LMFHO

You are right Arny, I did check on the rear of my friend's 15 years old
Yamaha receiver to see if there was a sub/mono out. Again thank you for the
answer to my problem. I honestly cannot say that I would have thought about
car audio for my solution; as I do not care to have a decent sound system in
my car and therefore I do not follow the evolution of car audio.

Cheers

Bernard