George M. Middius

Default Ignore Krooger

Bruce J. Richman said:

Another example of Krueger's arrogance.

Well, of course. What did you expect?

The success of eBay has a lot to do with people being able to get relatively
high value for their dollar,not marginal savings.

For sellers of used electronics, you're absolutely right. Mr. ****
was, I presume, approaching the ebay topic from the buyer's POV.

It's worth noting that some categories of new goods actually bring
more on ebay than they do through traditional channels. This
phenomenon has been noted on Usenet, on ebay's own forums, and other
locales. As one example, I recently went shopping for a camera, and
for the model I chose, buying direct from an etailer cost less than
getting one on ebay. I also discovered the same thing when I was
shopping for a DVD player a few years ago. I would have been happy
with a used camera from recent years, but again, other bidders closed
the gap so narrowly that it would have been an ill-advised purchase.

Used cars can definitely be bargains on ebay, though. And for selling,
you can usually do better than you would trading it in at a dealer.