HONG KONGer

Default How to choose a subwoofer for a small room?

Just for my bed room, which kind of sub should I buy?

Arny Krueger

"HONG KONGer" wrote in message

Just for my bed room, which kind of sub should I buy?

How low (frequency wise) do you want to go?

Arny Krueger

"HONG KONGer" wrote in message

I want to buy the Sunfire Junior cos it's small that I need. It can
go down to 22Hz 0-3dB. So I would like to get a sub that can go down
to 22Hz.

So are you saying that you are looking for something that competes
head-to-head with the Sunfire Junior?

IOW do want something that is at least as small, goes as least as deep, and
costs no more, preferably less?

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"HONG KONGer" wrote in message

Just for my bed room, which kind of sub should I buy?

How low (frequency wise) do you want to go?

HONG KONGer

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
So are you saying that you are looking for something that competes
head-to-head with the Sunfire Junior?

Exactly

IOW do want something that is at least as small, goes as least as deep,

and
costs no more, preferably less?

Yes. But I don't know what is IOW.

dave weil

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 15:44:10 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Nousiane shilled:

I've not evaluated the Jr but the Hsu VTF-2 outperforms the Sunfire
True by a fair margin.

Clearly Hsu had the good sense to dump Clerkenstein as their Usenet
spokesborg following his meltdown last month. It's a testimony to
their dreadful marketing skills, however, that they believe the odious
Nousiane will convey a greater credibility to their cheesy line of
subs. Not only are Hsu's products unlikely to be the equal of those
marketed through traditional channels, but since you can only get them
mail order, you won't know if you like it until you've already bought
and paid for it.

What Middius apparently doesn't know is that speakers, particularly
subwoofers *never* sound the same in your listening room as the store. I
think that just about anybody who bought speakers and took them home and
listened to them knows that, so go figure.

Therefore you *never* know if you like a give speaker until you've already
bought and pay for it.

Mr. Krueger, please post when you're sober.

guffaw

Time to look at retailer return policies, no?

No, time for you to seek help for your abuse problem.
Arny Krueger

"dave weil" wrote in message

There's no way that the VTF-2 "outperforms" the Sunfire in 33% of
what's important to the poster.

Prove it.

Then brush up on your reading comprehension skills Weil, and note that the
question was not about the Sunfire, but rather the question was about the
Sunfire Junior.

Arny Krueger

"dave weil" wrote in message

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 18:15:23 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message

There's no way that the VTF-2 "outperforms" the Sunfire in 33% of
what's important to the poster.

Prove it.

Is or is not one of the most important items mentioned the size of the
unit?

It's very unlikely that two subwoofers would be identical. Most people don't
care about size unless its grossly different, or the larger speaker is
difficult or impossible to use because of its size.

Does the VTF-2 outperform the Sunfire in that important category?

If the VTF-2 were 0.001" larger than the Sunfire Junior, then it would in
fact outperform the VTF-2 in terms of size. How meaningful would that be?

The size of the Sunfire Junior is Dimensions: 9" by 9" by 9" .

The size of the VTF-2 is 16"(height) x 16"(width) x 19.5"(depth)

One would have to have very tight space constraints for this to be a serious
consideration.

Then brush up on your reading comprehension skills Weil, and note
that the question was not about the Sunfire, but rather the question
was about the Sunfire Junior.

Sunfire being shorthand for the Sunfire Junior - referring obviously
to the indicated subwoofer.

Sunfire being a name that relates equally well to five different products.
It's just as valid here as "Hsu" a name that relates equally well to at
least 9 different products.

Nice try though.

dave weil

wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message

There's no way that the VTF-2 "outperforms" the Sunfire in 33% of
what's important to the poster.

Prove it.

Is or is not one of the most important items mentioned the size of the
unit?

It's very unlikely that two subwoofers would be identical. Most people don't
care about size unless its grossly different, or the larger speaker is
difficult or impossible to use because of its size.

NOW you've gone int o the area of not caring what someone wants.

Here are the clues that show that this is CLEARLY not the case:

"How to choose a subwoofer for a _small_ room"?

"I want to buy the Sunfire Junior cos it's small that I need"

IOW do want something that is at least as small, goes as least as deep,
and costs no more, preferably less?

Yes.

Note that you said, "at least as small". The HSU is CLEARLY not at
least as small.

Does the VTF-2 outperform the Sunfire in that important category?

If the VTF-2 were 0.001" larger than the Sunfire Junior, then it would in
fact outperform the VTF-2 in terms of size. How meaningful would that be?

But it would *barely* be larger.

The size of the Sunfire Junior is Dimensions: 9" by 9" by 9" .

The size of the VTF-2 is 16"(height) x 16"(width) x 19.5"(depth)

One would have to have very tight space constraints for this to be a serious
consideration.

That's your idea and you can't reasonably make this statement, because
YOU DON"T KNOW whether something that is over a third larger would be
an issue. This person wants it for their bedroom. They apparently want
it to be inobtrusive. If they live in Hong Kong, one of the most
crowded cities in the world, it's likely that every square inch is at
a premium.

Then brush up on your reading comprehension skills Weil, and note
that the question was not about the Sunfire, but rather the question
was about the Sunfire Junior.

Sunfire being shorthand for the Sunfire Junior - referring obviously
to the indicated subwoofer.

Sunfire being a name that relates equally well to five different products.
It's just as valid here as "Hsu" a name that relates equally well to at
least 9 different products.

But we were only talking about one product, not any of the others. If
you want to nitpick, feel free to.

Besides, *any* of the Carver subwoofers are substantially smaller than
the HUSs, so it's irrevelant anyway.

Nice try though.

Keep flailing. You are now one of "those guys" that I said you weren't
in my previous post. And it's only because it's me that you're taking
issue with.