Margaret von Busenhalter

Default The coolest audio system I know...feel free to contribute

Carver Platinum Edition Mark IV Amazing loudspeaker (piano black, recently
refurbished)

Whise Profunder 624 subs & Whise crossover

Krell MDA-500 mono amps for Carvers

Krell KSA-250 stereo amp for subs

Krell KRC-HR preamp

Krell SACD Standard SACD/CD player

Krell KAV-300R receiver used as a tuner only

2 Alesis Masterlink ML-9600 HD decks

This system belongs to my friend Harvey. It looks gorgeous in a menacing
way - very manly! And it is one of the best sounding systems I've ever
heard. It is the only system in which the Carvers do not sound slightly
"zippy" in my experience. It is the Krells according to Harvey who
previously ran it with Crown Macro Reference amps. It has bass that can
shatter windows. It has a soundstage that is almost bigger than life. And it
plays very, very loud very, very cleanly. It is one cool system because it
is so unconventional. Contrary to popular wisdom, the primary transducers
are the cheapest components in the system. There are no rules.

MvB

Audio Myths was "System I'm designing - two questions" Les Car Audio 3 May 28th 04 08:19 AM
Audio Myths was "System I'm designing - two questions" Les Car Audio 0 May 27th 04 07:33 AM
Dynamat Passat Brian Car Audio 24 April 16th 04 12:08 AM
FS: Clarion ADCS-1 System, Denon DCT-1000R/DCH470, PG ZPA amps and processors, Dynaudio 3 way biamp speakers, Orion EQ/xover, Audio Control 3050 RTA Stephen Narayan Car Audio 4 September 19th 03 05:46 AM