Muffin Man

Default Cool Edit Pro 2, regions question

Hi,

I saw some other CEP 2 questions in this group so I thought I might as well
give it a try.
I've got a audio file in multitrack mode. Now I've been cutting it a
'little' bit because the spill was too complicated to gate it. Now at some
points I want the region to be a little bit longer....how can I do this
without having to redo all the cutting? & How do I move a region in time
without having to go to the wave block properties and setting it there?

Thanks in advance, Maarten

Arny Krueger

"Muffin Man" wrote in message

I saw some other CEP 2 questions in this group so I thought I might
as well give it a try.

I've got a audio file in multitrack mode. Now I've been cutting it a
'little' bit because the spill was too complicated to gate it.

I think there's your big mistake - in multitrack you're supposed to silence,
not cut. I do what you suggest LOTS, but I do it by silencing. That's
Effects, Silence; Effects, Amplitude, Envelope; and Effects, Amplitude,
Amplification; as appropriate.

Now at some points I want the region to be a little bit longer....how can

do this without having to redo all the cutting?

Generate silence as required in edit view.

& How do I move a
region in time without having to go to the wave block properties and
setting it there?

Generating silence is one means that I've used (for other reasons). I either
figure out exactly how much silence to generate by analyzing waveforms, or I
add silence 10, 50, 100 milliseconds or more at a time until I get the
effect I want.