Weichert O'Donohoe Family

Default Cabling up a 6 by 6m room. How much is enough

Hi all,

I am in the process of putting together a system.... All up the receiver and
speakers will set me back 3,500 (almost 2,800 on speakers) and the rest on a
capable receiver....

By the way those values above were in Aussie Dollars (so about 1,500 pounds,
or 2,800 approx USD)

My question is simple for a 6m by 6m room what kind of budget should i be
expecting.....
If i have to budget for better price cabling i would prefer the high end
stuff on the fronts and centre, and a lower quality on the
backs...........as to run the stuff up the wall and through the roof will
require about 10 metres on each back speaker... (i know i have a current
system surrounds mounted back there).

Your help will be much appreciated..

regards,
anthony

Weichert O'Donohoe Family wrote:
Hi all,

I am in the process of putting together a system.... All up the receiver and
speakers will set me back 3,500 (almost 2,800 on speakers) and the rest on a
capable receiver....

By the way those values above were in Aussie Dollars (so about 1,500 pounds,
or 2,800 approx USD)

My question is simple for a 6m by 6m room what kind of budget should i be
expecting.....
If i have to budget for better price cabling i would prefer the high end
stuff on the fronts and centre, and a lower quality on the
backs...........as to run the stuff up the wall and through the roof will
require about 10 metres on each back speaker... (i know i have a current
system surrounds mounted back there).

Your help will be much appreciated..

Buy a big spool of generic 12-gauge zipcord, or whatever they call it
there. In the States it'd go for no more than $1 /m, probably less in
bulk. Really, you don't need anything better than that.

bob
Bojack Bojack is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by
[...]

I agree with Bob on this one. I am in the custom audio/video business and have discovered that hi-end cabling is mostly a sham. As long as your impedances remain acceptable, go with the generic 12.

Bojack