randyb

Default advise wanted - ceiling speakers

"BIlly" wrote in message news:m_HHa.158452$eJ2.1084@fed1read07...
Can someone off some advice on ceiling speakers..

What the best brands to purchase and the best places to buy from ??

Do ceiling speakers have to be the round ones ??

Thanks in advance....

Billy

Billy,

I use Triad Silver surrounds for inceiling speakers (square). I agree
with Mr Nousaine that it is not a great idea if you can avoid it. If
you cannot avoid it, Triad makes some excellent in-wall speakers;
however, they are expensive. I have a seven speaker system with
ceiling speakers instead of side speakers and speakers in the back
wall. No choice on the ceiling installation. I have found that for
effects that are diffuse in movies, it is fine, but if there are
effects that are meant to be on the sides, it is not so hot. Also, it
is not good for DVD-AUDIO, SACD, or any of the new surround music
modes such as PL2 and DTS NEO