Michael

Default Several Questions (Installer, Alarm, etc.)

Hello all you knowledgeable folks!

I've just gotten a new Honda Civic Hybrid, and I want to have the
following installed into it. I have neither the skill, ability nor
patience to install this stuff myself. The car already has a LoJack
installed.

1) Parrot CK3300 Bluetooth hands-free car kit with GPS receiver
(http://www.parrot.fr for more info if you're interested)
2) Pioneer DEH-P4600MP deck
3) Pioneer 6-disc changer
4) Better speakers
5) Clifford Arrow 5 alarm

I've already got item 1 coming next week, so I need the others, and of
course I need it all installed.

Street Beat in Hayward has all of the other stuff at decent prices,
and so does Good Guys. One of my chief concerns is the Parrot unit,
as there are a bunch of parts to it, and I'm not at all sure where I
should put the control panel. I think this may end up needing an
experienced and creative installer.

I park on the street at night, and there have been some smash-and-grab
car stereo thefts in my neighborhood. Hence the alarm to complement
the LoJack and the Honda's own smart key system, which cuts off the
fuel pump if the key with the chip isn't present.

Questions:
1) Are there any alarms with smaller remotes? I keep my keys in my
front pocket, so the smaller the better.
2) Any information on Street Beat? Are they good?
3) Any other installers you'd recommend in the Bay Area? Anywhere
from Santa Clara to Oakland to SF would be fine. My considerations
are cost and quality, in that order unfortunately. I did just buy a
new car after all.
4) Am I missing anything obvious? I don't want a sub and amp, I have
no need to turn my car into a mobile sound room - I just want to have
music, ballgames, audiobooks and my mobile phone all tied in together.

Thank you in advance for any insight you can lend. Other resources or
places to look would also be welcome.

-Michael
mayhemkrew

I don't think you need the cd changer if you are getting an mp3 deck. You
can fit over 6 discs on one cd as it is. I have abandoned all my cd
changers and went with mp3. My .02 cents.

om...