ike

Default Minor peaker problem. Please help.

I have an extended cab pickup an Eclipse deck and 4 6-1/2" Eclipse
speakers. 2 are mounted in the door panels and 2 are mounted in the
back of the cab on 2 pieces of 6" PVC. I don't get NEAR the amount of
sound from the back speakers compared to the ones in the doors. Is this
possibly a result of the PVC mounting rather than using a proper
enclosure or could it be something else? I am pretty green when it
comes to this kind of stuff so any help would be Appreciated. Thanks.

winkenstein

check the fader on your headunit, could be faded more to the front
versus the rear, or could it be because the rear speakers are being
blocked by something, like maybe the rear seat...........

ike

I've checked the fader and that isn't it. The seats in the back fold
down siedways and don't block the speakers.

winkenstein wrote:
check the fader on your headunit, could be faded more to the front
versus the rear, or could it be because the rear speakers are being
blocked by something, like maybe the rear seat...........

Chad Wahls

winkenstein wrote:
check the fader on your headunit, could be faded more to the front
versus the rear, or could it be because the rear speakers are being
blocked by something, like maybe the rear seat...........

Rear speakers out of phase with each other?

Chad

Chad Wahls

winkenstein wrote:

check the fader on your headunit, could be faded more to the front
versus the rear, or could it be because the rear speakers are being
blocked by something, like maybe the rear seat...........

Rear speakers out of phase with each other?

Chad

Best way is to trace all wiring and splices to make sure positive is
positive and negative is negative. Start with speakers and head unit.

Crude way is to flip the pos and negative on one speaker and see if the low
end comes back and there is no "hole" in the middle. Crude because at this
time you only have a 50% chance that the rear is in cahoots with the front.
You can then set the balance to one side and fade from front to rear while
placing your head at the midpoint of the speakers (front and rear) Fade back
and forth and listen for more bass at the center position and again no
hollowness in the center position..

Chad

CLC: More John Stewart Vacuum Tubes 12 November 2nd 04 09:47 AM
Problem With Alpine Head Unit/Type E Subs (Part 2) Brian Lamendola Car Audio 3 May 25th 04 04:58 AM