mjd

Default Mach 460 blow-out

I was listening to a CD (Perry Como or something like that - I'm old).

Actually I think it was The Rolling Stones (I'm old). But I digress.

I was playing it pretty loudly in my 98 Mustang/Top down. I heard a
sudden pop and my volume and bass level were at about half of what
they were before. It sounds like an amplifier malfuntion to me.

I was looking in my owners guide and it shows 3 fuse location with the
very non-specific label of 'radio'.

Any ideas what might have happened. A fuse - cheap and easy. Or do I
need a new amp. Can your general purpose car audio shop replace a 460
amp?

Thanks,

mjd