Joe Kramer

Default "Rock & Roll Animal" Phase-Shifter?

Hi!

Anyone know which make/model phase-shifter Steve Hunter and Dick Wagner
are using on Lou Reed's "Rock & Roll Animal" recording? Thanks for any
tips.

Regards,
Joe Kramer
Martin Martini

Hi Joe
it was an MXR Phase 100

try this link
http://www.vguitar.com/artists/details.asp?ID=27

Martini

"Joe Kramer" wrote in message
nk.net...
Hi!

Anyone know which make/model phase-shifter Steve Hunter and Dick Wagner
are using on Lou Reed's "Rock & Roll Animal" recording? Thanks for any
tips.

Regards,
Joe Kramer

studiorat

HI,
An electroharmonix small stone sounds bit like that too.
What a record, I love that gtr solo.

Regards.
D.Slevin

Joe Kramer

Hey Martin,

Excellent! Thanks so much for the great link! Considering the era, the
MXR is no surprise. The thing is, I've used an MXR 100 and it never
sounded anything like the ones on that record. I suspect Wagner and
Hunter tweaked the internal trimmers or something. . . . Thanks again.

Regards,
Joe

"Joe Kramer" wrote in message
nk.net...

Hi!

Anyone know which make/model phase-shifter Steve Hunter and Dick Wagner
are using on Lou Reed's "Rock & Roll Animal" recording? Thanks for any
tips.

Regards,
Joe Kramer

Don Cooper

Martin Martini wrote:

it was an MXR Phase 100

I remember the Phase 90 being out at the time.

Don Cooper

studiorat wrote:

What a record, I love that gtr solo.

Hunter and Wagner are both excellent on that album.
Martin Martini

me reckons its the best live album in my collection...... the playing is
impeccable for that style of music...close your eyes and listen to the
tension in Heroin....... its like taking a hit of junk.....you are on that