juray

Default RUNNING LOGIC WITH DIGI 001 HARDWARE

Is it possible for Logic Pro 7 to work with my Digi 001 soundcard and
interface? I just upgraded to Tiger THEN found out that Digi 001 isn't
supported anymore...Bummer...Guess I'll have to upgrade either way but
was just curious if I could go the Logic route but still use my Digi
hardware with the Tiger OS...

Thanks...

Jamie Ray

juray wrote:
Is it possible for Logic Pro 7 to work with my Digi 001 soundcard and
interface? I just upgraded to Tiger THEN found out that Digi 001 isn't
supported anymore...Bummer...Guess I'll have to upgrade either way but
was just curious if I could go the Logic route but still use my Digi
hardware with the Tiger OS...

Thanks...

Jamie Ray

the 001 isn't supported by Tiger. you'll have to upgrade to the 002 or
002 rack or downgrade to the MBox.

i'm jumping ship from Protools to Logic and have been looking at other
interfaces such as the Edirol FA-101, M-Audio 410/1814, Presonus
Firebox/pod and am having a hard time deciding what to go with.

good luck with your gear search though.
John Albert

mshogan writes:
i'm jumping ship from Protools to Logic and have been looking at other
interfaces such as the Edirol FA-101, M-Audio 410/1814, Presonus
Firebox/pod and am having a hard time deciding what to go with.

On the Mac, the Presonus Firebox (and I would presume the Firepod, as well,
since they are basically the same design with differences mainly in number
of inputs) is recognized immediately _without_ installing any drivers, and
it was recognized by several audio recording programs: Cubase (comes with
the Firebox/pod), GarageBand (I would have to assume that the Logic
Pro/Express software would see it as well), and Mackie's Tracktion.

The catch is that you have to be running OS 10.3.7 or later to use the
Firebox/pod, because the "CORE" drivers that make auto-recognition of the
Firebox possible are only built into 10.3.7 and later.

- John