Stephan Schulz

Default Sennheiser Noise-Canceling Headphones

Hi all,

I'm thinking about a pair of noise-canceling headphones for traveling
(primarily long-distance train, but I'm also flying quite a lot).

The Bose QuiteComfort are outside my price range, but the Sennheiser
PXC 250 and PXC 300 are both well within. The older PXC 250 employ
"NoiseGuard", the newer and more expensive PXC 300 "NoiseGuard
Advanced".

Does anybody have experience with either or both? In particular, is
the "Advanced" really an advance and if yes, is it worth the EUR 50-70
in price difference (best price I could find online is EUR 98 vs. EUR
168)?

Thanks,

Stephan

--
-------------------------- It can be done! ---------------------------------
Please email me as (Stephan Schulz)

Stephan,
I travel every week and had purchased a Senn (I forget the model - it
was about 150 USD). It was pretty effective (as much as the Bose)
although it does not cover your ears. Both are inferior to the foam ear
plugs that I purchase 2 dozen pairs for 2.50 at the drug store. If you
do not need music, save your money and buy foam ear plugs. They have 32
db or attenuation (as compared with 16 on both the Sennheiser and the
Bose).

If you need to listen to music, use ear plugs and use regular
headphones on top. The noise cancellation phones and the foam ear plugs
only work upto 350 Hz or so. But that is a tougher call.

Hope this helps,

Stephan Schulz wrote:
Hi all,

I'm thinking about a pair of noise-canceling headphones for traveling
(primarily long-distance train, but I'm also flying quite a lot).

The Bose QuiteComfort are outside my price range, but the Sennheiser
PXC 250 and PXC 300 are both well within. The older PXC 250 employ
"NoiseGuard", the newer and more expensive PXC 300 "NoiseGuard
Advanced".

Does anybody have experience with either or both? In particular, is
the "Advanced" really an advance and if yes, is it worth the EUR

50-70
in price difference (best price I could find online is EUR 98 vs. EUR
168)?

Thanks,

Stephan

--
-------------------------- It can be done!

---------------------------------
Please email me as (Stephan

Schulz)

Keith Hughes

Hi Stephan,

I've not used the Sennheisers, but you should check out this link:

http://www.thetravelinsider.info/roa...udeheadset.htm

The Plane Quiet's are quite good, and I've been using the Mark V's for a
couple of years now. Good sound, and good noise reduction (for airplane
noise, not sure about train noise, as the spectral content may be much
different). The new Plane Quiet Solitude is supposed to be much better
than my Mark V's. These list for $200USD, but there's a link on the
website to an online store that has a 30% discount until May 22.

Good luck,

Keith Hughes

Stephan Schulz wrote:
Hi all,

I'm thinking about a pair of noise-canceling headphones for traveling
(primarily long-distance train, but I'm also flying quite a lot).

The Bose QuiteComfort are outside my price range, but the Sennheiser
PXC 250 and PXC 300 are both well within. The older PXC 250 employ
"NoiseGuard", the newer and more expensive PXC 300 "NoiseGuard
Advanced".

Does anybody have experience with either or both? In particular, is
the "Advanced" really an advance and if yes, is it worth the EUR 50-70
in price difference (best price I could find online is EUR 98 vs. EUR
168)?

Thanks,

Stephan

WVK

Stephan Schulz wrote:
Hi all,

I'm thinking about a pair of noise-canceling headphones for traveling
(primarily long-distance train, but I'm also flying quite a lot).

The Bose QuiteComfort are outside my price range, but the Sennheiser
PXC 250 and PXC 300 are both well within. The older PXC 250 employ
"NoiseGuard", the newer and more expensive PXC 300 "NoiseGuard
Advanced".

Does anybody have experience with either or both? In particular, is
the "Advanced" really an advance and if yes, is it worth the EUR 50-70
in price difference (best price I could find online is EUR 98 vs. EUR
168)?

Thanks,

Stephan

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-3000_7-1017728-1.html