Tom van Oosterwyck

Default Tascam FW-1804 latency

Hi all,

Recently I bought a Tascam FW-1804 audio interface to hookup my outboard
gear to the computer and mainly to make my home studio setup a bit smaller.
I plan do to more stuff inside the PC.
I'm happy with the soundquality and the features of the interface but am
unhappy with the latency it's giving me.
My Pc is not very high end, but should be more than adequate to give me a
snappier performance.
I'm forced to set the latency in the FW-1804's control panel to 512 samples,
any lower gives me clicks and pops. When I use it with audio software
(Cubase LE, Sonar, Acid, ...) the
audio coming into the FW always drags behind the PC-generated audio.
I've tried the driver as ASIO, WDM and MME.
Is there any way to solve this?

My PC specs a

PIV 2,8GHz, 533 FSB
512MB DDR333 RAM
Lots of HD-space
Pinnacle dual firewire card
Windows XP Pro sp2

thanks,

Tom

[Newbie] Playback latency, direct monitoring, tascam us-122 Jeste Pro Audio 7 March 22nd 05 03:51 PM
MIDI latency on Tascam US-122? Joachim Van Brandt Pro Audio 4 June 4th 04 05:06 AM
MIDI latency on Tascam US-122? Joachim Van Brandt Pro Audio 0 June 3rd 04 01:58 AM
Latency Tascam us-122 Ack Pro Audio 0 February 19th 04 02:54 AM
Tascam US 224 latency Mauro Pro Audio 0 July 25th 03 07:06 PM