kleinebre

Default Recommendations - Good budget active speakers

H wrote:
Looking for some budget active monitor speakers - my budget is low -

between
=A3250-=A3400 tops - Don't need much volume, good bass extension would

be a good
selling point - but mainly just clarity and accuracy.

Ideal is to go visit a place that has several sets, bring a few CDs in
different styles that you know well and have a listen to active
monitors in your budget range.

Last time I did this, I liked the RP8 from KRK (my wife agreed), they
seemed to sound more transparent than most in this price range. That
said, the store we visited had a limited supply of nearfields, so other
options may suit you better. I'm still saving to get my pair, but it
won't take long anymore now...

Best of luck!

What a cooincidence - I listened to exactly the same make and model today!!
I liked them BUT I also had a listen to the similarly priced KRK V4's and
even though they are minute the sound was very impressive - I'm torn
between the 2 now! I've also just seen a pair of Mackie 824's on ebay and
the bidding's just over £500 at the mo!!
Cheers.
"kleinebre" wrote in message
oups.com...
H wrote:
Looking for some budget active monitor speakers - my budget is low -

between
£250-£400 tops - Don't need much volume, good bass extension would