Jan Holm

Default Mounting Acoustic Foam

Hi All

What is the best way to mount foam so that both wall
and foam don't suffer any damage and can be used again.

Any good ideas ?

TIA

Jan Holm

Ricky Hunt

"Jan Holm" wrote in message
. ..
Hi All

What is the best way to mount foam so that both wall
and foam don't suffer any damage and can be used again.

What kind of wall? Those big T-shaped push pins work for some (for
sheetrock, etc.).

Jan Holm

Mike Rivers wrote:
What is the best way to mount foam so that both wall
and foam don't suffer any damage and can be used again.

Glue it to a piece of thin plywood and hang it on the wall like a
picture.

So obvious - Brilliant - Thank you

Regards
Jan Holm

Richard Crowley

"Jan Holm" wrote ...
Mike Rivers wrote:
What is the best way to mount foam so that both wall
and foam don't suffer any damage and can be used again.

Glue it to a piece of thin plywood and hang it on the wall like a
picture.

So obvious - Brilliant - Thank you

I used 3-inch drywall screws and fender washers. No glue
fumes, removable, no damage to foam, easy-to-repair small
holes in wall.
John

I have Sonex, and I used big "L" shaped cup hooks. Worked like a charm. We
actually moved the studio 3 years ago, and was able to strip the old booth
and set up the new one with zero damage to the panels. Make sure to use big
plastic ones.

John

"Jan Holm" wrote in message
. ..
Hi All

What is the best way to mount foam so that both wall
and foam don't suffer any damage and can be used again.

Any good ideas ?

TIA

Jan Holm

Pete

I glued mine to those 4x8' 1/4" white boards that are used to make
"vote for me" signs using GE Panel and Foam adhesive in those tubes
that you need a caulking gun for.. Then using 2" velcro (Industrial
Strength) stickyback tape in 2"x2" pieces, available from Home Depot in
15 foot rolls stuck em to the studio wall. Pull them off when you move
into your dream studio. Use a heat gun to get the piece off the wall.
Done

In article , John
wrote:

I have Sonex, and I used big "L" shaped cup hooks. Worked like a charm. We
actually moved the studio 3 years ago, and was able to strip the old booth
and set up the new one with zero damage to the panels. Make sure to use big
plastic ones.

John

"Jan Holm" wrote in message
. ..
Hi All

What is the best way to mount foam so that both wall
and foam don't suffer any damage and can be used again.

Any good ideas ?

TIA

Jan Holm

http://www.usenet.com

i usually take carpet tack-down board, and nail that stuff to the wall.
then hang the foam on the little barbs that stick out of the
tackboards.

but i'll be migrating to the hang-it-like-a-picture concept over time.