Mark

Default Subs to compliment EV S200's?

Hi,
Could anyone recommend a good sub to compliment the EV S200's ? Its
more for small (~100 people) live shows.

Do you think 2 EV S200's per side and 1 sub per side is enough for a
live rock band ? I currently have a pair of EV S200's that I use for
acoustic gigs but I know someone selling another pair, plus I could get
some subs to make a live band P.A. Would I perhaps be better off with
SX200/SX300's instead?

Also can anyone recommend a good cross over to make it all work ?

Cheers,

Mark.

"Mark" skrev i en meddelelse
Hi,
Could anyone recommend a good sub to compliment the EV S200's ? Its
more for small (~100 people) live shows.

Homebrew or bought finished?

This one is pretty simple to construct:
http://www.speakerplans.com/index.php?id=x1

If you prefer a finished product you could look into the Dynacord F8..

Do you think 2 EV S200's per side and 1 sub per side is enough for a
live rock band ? I currently have a pair of EV S200's that I use for
acoustic gigs but I know someone selling another pair, plus I could get
some subs to make a live band P.A. Would I perhaps be better off with
SX200/SX300's instead?

For live rock music I'd get a pair of SX200 / 300 per side instead.. OTOH..
A pair of S200 per side would also be fine considering you already have one
pair ( smaller investment ).. Just make sure you dont clip the amp driving
the S200.. Those HF drivers are not the most durable on the market..

Also can anyone recommend a good cross over to make it all work ?

The EV AC-One or the Dynacord Powermax 230 ( essentially the same thing ) is
a nice analog crossover, altho a Behringer CX2310 will work if you are on a
tight budget, but you will notice a big difference when compared to the EV /
Dynacord one
http://www.dynacord.com/unterkategor...id=57&subid=48

What amps do you currently own, or plan on, to drive this system ?

/peter

Phildo

"Mark" wrote in message
Hi,
Could anyone recommend a good sub to compliment the EV S200's ? Its
more for small (~100 people) live shows.

Peavey make a 2x18 that is pretty good. Also look at yorkville or even an
EAW LA400 which can be bought used for not too much. Behringer amps to power
then.

Do you think 2 EV S200's per side and 1 sub per side is enough for a
live rock band ? I currently have a pair of EV S200's that I use for
acoustic gigs but I know someone selling another pair, plus I could get
some subs to make a live band P.A. Would I perhaps be better off with
SX200/SX300's instead?

All depends what you are running through it. What you have will handle
vocals and kick if you are not too loud on stage.

Also can anyone recommend a good cross over to make it all work ?

Behringer DCX2496

Phildo

KGT

I use (2 ) homebrew JBLs tentsale 2x15 in smalish ported cabs similar
to Yamahas 2x15. center clustered with 1 sx300 per side. driven by 1
QSC RMX 2450. I think you should try putting significant power into the
sx200 before you buy more. These sx300 just start to open up at 500
plus watts and if you go for more tops you likely need to double up
your Subs compliment! I've done 10 small(500) outdoor shows and folks
are pleasently surprised everytime.

Kevin Tracy

Mark

Q wrote:
This one is pretty simple to construct:
http://www.speakerplans.com/index.php?id=x1

Are these things actually any good? If yes I might consider this
option, looks like fun!! What'd be a good driver for it?

What amps do you currently own, or plan on, to drive this system ?

I've currently got a QSC3002 for tops, nothing for subs yet.

Cheers.

Mark.

"Mark" skrev i en meddelelse
Q wrote:
This one is pretty simple to construct:
http://www.speakerplans.com/index.php?id=x1

Are these things actually any good? If yes I might consider this
option, looks like fun!! What'd be a good driver for it?´

I have heard good things about it, but never actually used them myself.. I'd
suggest using the driver listed on the plans ( P-Audio something )... Check
Proaudioparts.com for pricing ..

Another option is finding a good 18" driver and just build a regular vented
box for it.. Most manufacturers ( 18Sound, B&C etc ) have suggested designs
available for download.. Just remember to use some decent plywood (
particleboard and MDF sucks if you want to take these boxes on the road )
and follow the instructions..

/peter