David Ingram

Default condenser mic falling over - damage potential

Hi

I'm looking at a Blue Mouse mic - locally/used. Seems in overall good shape,
but at one time it was knocked over and took a blow to the right side arm.
The arm's bent in a bit, which is fixable, but I'd like to know what the
potential is for damage to have occured to the capsule. If there is no
apparent problem with function/sound now, is it at all likely that down the
road I might have trouble? The price is really good but of course, it's no
bargain at all if it will give me trouble later on.

Thanks!

David

What's in your mic cabinet? Bob Cain Pro Audio 49 April 11th 04 08:31 AM
condenser mics Jeff Pro Audio 3 March 4th 04 01:26 PM
hearing loss info Andy Weaks Car Audio 17 August 10th 03 08:32 AM
FS: AKG C-501E / C-502E Electret Condenser Microphones, 3 Extra Capsules Mark Glinsky Pro Audio 0 August 3rd 03 03:21 AM