Fingerz88

Default Kurzweil KSP8 as AD/DA Converter?

Goodaye, Y'all!

Hoping to find out if anyone uses the unit in this manner. I just did
an unscientific shootout of the Kurzweil Rumour vs the RME ADI-8 Pro
A/D....the Rumour Smoked the RME unit, IMHO.

So I'm now interested in picking up the KSP8 for all chores including
AD/DA conversion.

The question is:

Would I be able to use it as an AD/DA converter simultaneously?

I'd like to completely replace the RME with the KSP8.

Is this possible?

I'd like to track using an analog in, to ADAT lightpipe out, and also
monitor from the analog outs into a pair of powererd monitors.

Thanks for any help on this before I purchase, Fingerz

arfgru

Fletcher of Mercenary Audio has claimed those Kurzweil units have
really good AD/DA converters, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were
as good or better then RME stuff.

Fingerz88

Anyone?

Thanks!