Trevor de Clercq

Default P&G: Made in China

Not that this is really all that important, but I thought it was
interesting and would sha

One of the Mackie Control boards here had a bad fader. The mixer is
under warranty, so Mackie shipped out a replacement fader rather
quickly. I got the fader today and installed it. I noticed that the
fader (a P&G) said "Made in China" on the bottom, which wasn't really
anything special since pretty much everything is made in China nowadays.

But the weird thing was that the bad fader I pulled out (from a board
about one and a half years old) says on the bottom "Made in the UK". So
I was wondering whether Mackie ships out the cheap stuff as parts,
whether P&G had moved a bulk of production overseas (like every other
company it would seem), or whether it was just a random event. Again,
not that it really matters. The old UK faders do seem a lot smoother in
their travel, though. The Chinese one is a bit stiff. Not that stuff
made in China can't be as good or better than stuff made in the UK....

Cheers,
Trevor de Clercq

Julian Adamaitis

Mackie, who is headquartered in my town, used to do all the manufacturing
here, Now it is done in China. It has been fairly recent (last 3 years,
maybe) so it could be having many unpredictable effects. Maybe PG also
moved to China or they authorize a part with their name to be used on the
Mackie's that is made in China. Have a warrantee problem with another brand
of gear and see where the replacement PG fader for that one comes from :-)

Julian

news:1115222079.7a411a9df7bd94af90fec14e8ad7de5a@t eranews...