Schizoid Man

Default McKelvy, your thought please...

.... on this trifling matter

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...raq_belgium_dc

Clyde Slick

"Schizoid Man" wrote in message
... on this trifling matter

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...raq_belgium_dc

Well, if we pay it, we should quickly, before the dollar slides any more!

George M. Middius

Schizoid Man said:

... on this trifling matter
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...raq_belgium_dc

Are you suggesting she should have gone to India for treatment?

Schizoid Man

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Schizoid Man said:

... on this trifling matter
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...raq_belgium_dc

Are you suggesting she should have gone to India for treatment?

It would have definitely been cheaper! :-)

Do you think the US should pay her medical bills?

George M. Middius

Schizoid Man said:

... on this trifling matter
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...raq_belgium_dc

Are you suggesting she should have gone to India for treatment?

It would have definitely been cheaper! :-)
Do you think the US should pay her medical bills?

Better her bills than Medicare for Ferstler.

Schizoid Man

Schizoid Man said:

... on this trifling matter
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...raq_belgium_dc

Are you suggesting she should have gone to India for treatment?

It would have definitely been cheaper! :-)
Do you think the US should pay her medical bills?

Better her bills than Medicare for Ferstler.

Please note that Michael McKelvy, erstwhile defender of Iraqi jurisprudence,
is conspiciously absent from this thread.

He has argued on many an occasion why it is okay to bomb these people into
oblivion, I wonder if it's also okay to pay their medical bills too.

George M. Middius

Schizoid Man said:

Please note that Michael McKelvy, erstwhile defender of Iraqi jurisprudence,
is conspiciously absent from this thread.

He has argued on many an occasion why it is okay to bomb these people into
oblivion, I wonder if it's also okay to pay their medical bills too.

Putting on my Mickey McMickey suit for a moment, I'd predict the Bug Eater
would say the U.S. is not financially liable for medical expenses. Not
because, as some might argue with a shred of rationality, the injuries
suffered by Iraqis were indirectly the responsibility of Saddam's brutal
regime; and not because there is no established or implied precedent for
the invader paying for medical treatment in such cases. Rather, Mickey
would say the victims chose to ignore warnings of the impending invasion,
thereby deliberately putting themselves in harm's way, and thus assuming
the risk of getting blown to bits for the privilege of witnessing the
invasion at first hand.

How'd I do, Mickey? Did I nail your "thought" process on this one?

Clyde Slick

Schizoid Man said:

... on this trifling matter
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...raq_belgium_dc

Are you suggesting she should have gone to India for treatment?

It would have definitely been cheaper! :-)

Do you think the US should pay her medical bills?

Saddam can pay it from the money he earns on work release.

Sander deWaal

"Schizoid Man" said:

... on this trifling matter

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...raq_belgium_dc

Only $66.650 for 5 operations and weeks of physiotherapy.
That amount of money only buys you a removed appendix in the US.

;-)

--

"Audio as a serious hobby is going down the tubes."
- Howard Ferstler, 25/4/2005
Mike McKelvy

Middius is not up to his task:

George M. Middius Apr 28, 6:57 pm show options

Newsgroups: rec.audio.opinion
From: George M. Middius - Find messages by
this author
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:57:49 -0400
Subject: McKelvy, your thought please...
original | Report Abuse

Schizoid Man said:

[...]

Why should we pay a bill for treatment done by the Belgians? They
chose to treat her, tehy should pay the bill.
That bit about ignoring the warnings does have some merit, though.

I like any other sane human, am grieved that any innocents were harmed
by the invasion, but that doesn't mean the overall good should be
ignored. The net result is going to be a better country for Iraqi's to
live in, and a positive influence for the mid-east.

If I had the money, I'd pay her bills myself.

Mike McKelvy

Sander said:

Only $66.650 for 5 operations and weeks of physiotherapy.
That amount of money only buys you a removed appendix in the US.

;-)

Not true. I'm scheduled for disk decompression at an L.A. hospitial
and the cost is 1/3 of that.

Mike McKelvy

Schizoid man has been i the Liberal Kool-Aid again:

..=2E. on this trifling matter

http://story.news.yahoo.com/ne=ADws?...id=3D564=AD&e=
=3D12&u=3D/...

Shouldn't Saddam's money pay for it? If he had been ****ing over his
country and stealing from them for decades none of this would have
happened. It could probably be paid for by selling off some of the
plumbing in one of the bathrooms in one of his palaces.

Mike McKelvy

Shouldn't Saddam's money pay for it? If he had been ****ing over his
country and stealing from them for decades none of this would have
happened. It could probably be paid for by selling off some of the
plumbing in one of the bathrooms in one of his palaces.

OOPs, that should read if he HADN'T been ****ing over his country.

Lionel

Mike McKelvy a écrit :

Not true. I'm scheduled for disk decompression

Numerical or analogical one ?

Mike McKelvy

Lionel wonders:

Mike McKelvy a =E9crit :

Not true. I'm scheduled for disk decompression

Numerical or analogical one ?=20

Cervical spine, C5-6 and C 6-7.

Clyde Slick

"Sander deWaal" wrote in message
"Schizoid Man" said:

... on this trifling matter

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...raq_belgium_dc

Only $66.650 for 5 operations and weeks of physiotherapy.
That amount of money only buys you a removed appendix in the US.

;-)

Note Americans, Europeans, in using decimals, reverse American usage of
commas and periods.
American: $66,650.00
European $66.650,00

Clyde Slick

"Mike McKelvy" wrote in message
ups.com...
That bit about ignoring the warnings does have some merit, though.

I guess that after the 1993 attempt to bomb the WTC, 8 million people
should have left NYC! And the 2,000 or so dead from 9/11/2001, its partly
their fault,
right?

Clyde Slick

oups.com...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/ne*ws?tm...=564*&e=12&u=/...

Shouldn't Saddam's money pay for it? If he had been ****ing over his
country and stealing from them for decades none of this would have
happened. It could probably be paid for by selling off some of the
plumbing in one of the bathrooms in one of his palaces.

Like I said before, let him out on work release.

Clyde Slick

Mike McKelvy a écrit :

Not true. I'm scheduled for disk decompression

Numerical or analogical one ?

Cervical spine, C5-6 and C 6-7.

Hey Duh.Mikey, Good Luck to you.

Schizoid Man

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"Mike McKelvy" wrote in message

That bit about ignoring the warnings does have some merit, though.

I guess that after the 1993 attempt to bomb the WTC, 8 million people
should have left NYC! And the 2,000 or so dead from 9/11/2001, its partly
their fault,
right?

As McKelvy would say, the terrorists weren't bringing equality, fraternity,
liberty and justice.

lol...

Schizoid Man

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"Mike McKelvy" wrote in message

Not true. I'm scheduled for disk decompression

Hey Duh.Mikey, Good Luck to you.

I second that. Good luck with your op, mate.

Mike McKelvy

Der Schlikmeister sez:

I guess that after the 1993 attempt to bomb the WTC, 8 million people
should have left NYC! And the 2,000 or so dead from 9/11/2001, its

partly
their fault,
right?

Given that no such action had ever been carried out on American soil by
foriegn terrorists and that they were not dropping leaflets and using
mass media to warn us they were going to attack, your reasoning is
somewhat faulty.

Mike McKelvy

Schizo gets lost again:

As McKelvy would say, the terrorists weren't bringing equality,

fraternity,
liberty and justice.

No they weren't they were bringing murder of innocents BECAUSE they
were innocents.
The terrorists were not representing any government and were not trying
to secure the blessings of liberty for themselves and their fellow
humans. The terrorists were trying to make us leave them alone so they
could go on persecuting their women and blowing each other up.

The people of Iraq were warned that we were going to war with their
government. The people of Iraq who were not considered enemies of the
U.S. were spared as much as was possible. It was not our policy to
TARGET innocents. That was Al Qaida's, Hezbollah, and the PLO's
policy. If you can't see there's a difference then you are truly
beyond reason.

Clyde Slick

"Mike McKelvy" wrote in message
ups.com...
Der Schlikmeister sez:

I guess that after the 1993 attempt to bomb the WTC, 8 million people
should have left NYC! And the 2,000 or so dead from 9/11/2001, its

partly
their fault,
right?

Given that no such action had ever been carried out on American soil by
foriegn terrorists and that they were not dropping leaflets and using
mass media to warn us they were going to attack, your reasoning is
somewhat faulty.

There was an attack upon the very same buildings in 1993 by IslamoFascist
foreign or foreign born extremists, and it was known that Al Queda was
interested in targeting in America. The Clintom administation knew it.

Schizoid Man

"Mike McKelvy" wrote in message

No they weren't they were bringing murder of innocents BECAUSE they
were innocents.
The terrorists were not representing any government and were not trying
to secure the blessings of liberty for themselves and their fellow
humans. The terrorists were trying to make us leave them alone so they
could go on persecuting their women and blowing each other up.

The people of Iraq were warned that we were going to war with their
government. The people of Iraq who were not considered enemies of the
U.S. were spared as much as was possible. It was not our policy to

OK, if every single 'innocent' in Iraq had applied to the United States for
asylum, then, by your logic, the United States should have granted it to all
applicants. GMAB.

TARGET innocents. That was Al Qaida's, Hezbollah, and the PLO's
policy. If you can't see there's a difference then you are truly
beyond reason.

Mike McKelvy

Schizo Man? Likes to deal in worst case scenarios:

OK, if every single 'innocent' in Iraq had applied to the United

States for
asylum, then, by your logic, the United States should have granted it

to all
applicants. GMAB.

Hell yes, we owed them that much from Bush the first not coming through
with the means for a popular uprising after Gulf War 1.

Mike McKelvy

Clyde sez:

There was an attack upon the very same buildings in 1993 by

IslamoFascist
foreign or foreign born extremists, and it was known that Al Queda was

interested in targeting in America. The Clintom administation knew it.

Well, there ya go.

I doubt anybody took the first attempt very seriously, since it was so
bungled.

In hindsight there were plenty of clues and things could have been done
in the area of prevention.
In hindsight, every thing could have been prevented.

Sander deWaal

Mike McKelvy said :

Not true. I'm scheduled for disk decompression

I actually had to look up what that is.

Good luck, Mike, seems heavy!

--

"Audio as a serious hobby is going down the tubes."
- Howard Ferstler, 25/4/2005
Mike McKelvy

Sander said:

Mike McKelvy said :

Not true. I'm scheduled for disk decompression

I actually had to look up what that is.

Good luck, Mike, seems heavy!

It's something you don't want to leave in the hands of just anyone.
Any back surgery is usually a last resort. This one because of the
location of the disks, is going to be approached by going in from the
front. The doc says I'll have a bit of a sore throat because they have
to move my larynx out of the way to get to the part of the C spine
they'll be fusing. The guy doing the surgery is from S. Africa
originally and seems well qualified. His name is Carl Lauryssen, and
speaks Dutch or the Afrikaans version, I guess.

Mostly, I'm just glad that something can be done to relieve the pain,
and I wish it could have been done sooner, but for some reason my
regular doc was not willing to give a referral to a back surgeon. He
kept claiming that there would be nothing they could do. Not only did
the surgeon say he could do something, but the sooner the better.

Hopefully I'll be somewhat less cranky after the procedure and the
rehab. It will be nice to not feel like I got beaten in my sleep every
night. On the down side for 3 months I won't be able to lift anything
heavier than 5 lb..

Thanks for the good wishes.

Mike McKelvy

Good Luck to you.

Hopefully, luck won't be a factor.

Mike McKelvy

I second that. Good luck with your op, mate

Thanks.