Andy Katz

Default Vent placement

Hi everyone,

Is vent placement, fore or aft, a crucial factor in selecting
speakers, particularly if they're likely to wind up close (2-3") to a
wall?

Andy Katz
Being lied to so billionaires can wage war for profits
while indebting taxpayers for generations to come, now
that's just a tad bit bigger than not admitting you like
the big moist-moist lips of chunky trollops on your pecker.

Paghat, the Rat Girl
MINe 109

Andy Katz wrote:

Hi everyone,

Is vent placement, fore or aft, a crucial factor in selecting
speakers, particularly if they're likely to wind up close (2-3") to a
wall?

Yes. Rear-ported speakers should have recommendations for how close they
can go to the wall. Chances are 2 or 3" is too close, but you might find
bigger problems than whatever the proximity does to the port.

Front ports are probably better. If the speakers can be used with wall
brackets, I'd guess they're okay with close placement.

Stephen

Parrot CK3100 Vent Clip??? Anyone? Nate Car Audio 0 April 7th 05 11:18 PM
Speaker placement Tyro High End Audio 2 July 22nd 04 11:36 PM
Help with placement of 6.1 satellite system Pat Audio Opinions 5 February 17th 04 12:43 AM
Help with placement of 6.1 satellite system Pat High End Audio 1 February 15th 04 05:05 AM
Should I vent my kickpannels? timboritus Car Audio 2 January 10th 04 05:18 PM