Andy Katz

Default Buying furniture

I have some time before I have to decide, but I'm looking
closely at ACI Sapphire XL and B&W N805 as initial upgrades to
transform my stereo into hi-fi. Not a fair contest, I know, because I
can't preview the Sapphires. Based on what I read, however, the
Sapphires sound just right, great, transparent sound, weak bass (like
the 805s), with points off only for appearance. Every penny spent goes
directly to the manufacturer, no distributor to wet his beak ...

Still ....

The 805 also has legions of devoted followers. In all the
reviews I read, one Sapphire user switched to 805s, while I couldn't
find an 805er who went the other way (doesn't mean it didn't happen).
Downside to the 805 of course is more money, spent to pay distributor
and, to a degree, on the Nautilus's outstanding cabinet. I understand
the construction is intended to pay off sonically, and the 805 isn't
as overdesigned as some high end speakers. But I can't help wonder if
I'm paying two bills for a speaker that would cost quite a bit less in
a identical sounding, but plainer, package.

Any readers with experience in both?

TIA

Andy Katz

Being lied to so billionaires can wage war for profits
while indebting taxpayers for generations to come, now
that's just a tad bit bigger than not admitting you like
the big moist-moist lips of chunky trollops on your pecker.

Paghat, the Rat Girl

Studio furniture co.? Devo 2 Pro Audio 0 October 4th 04 01:49 AM
Buying refurbished -- good idea? (NAD C320BEE) Scott Lester High End Audio 2 June 12th 04 05:50 PM
buying a headunit scat131 Car Audio 4 August 25th 03 08:29 PM
Buying gear on Ebay --- how do you convert US 110 Volts to Europe 220 Volts? Vernon Boyce Pro Audio 3 August 11th 03 04:32 PM
B&K ST140 amp Is it worth buying used? Mel162 High End Audio 0 July 6th 03 10:21 PM