George Nikolovski

Default DVD-Audio output via Coax or toslink?

Does anyone know of a player that does this?My preamp does not have 5.1
analog inputs just digital.I love the way my system sounds and don't want to
change it.I have been looking without much success.Is there a work
around/hack?Thanks,George

ScottW

Is there a DVD player that doesn't do one or the other or both?

ScottW

Gary A. Edelstein

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:02:54 -0400, "George Nikolovski"
wrote:

Does anyone know of a player that does this?My preamp does not have 5.1
analog inputs just digital.I love the way my system sounds and don't want to
change it.I have been looking without much success.Is there a work
around/hack?Thanks,George

With the consumer DVD-A players? No. Although I understand DVD-A
discs can be played with the DD 5.1 track so at least you get the full
surround channels though the digital audio out.

You didn't ask about SACD, but I also understand the SACD discs don't
have DD or DTS tracks, only PCM stereo in addition to the multichannel
SA tracks.

Gary E
--
|Gary A. Edelstein
(remove NO SPAM and .invalid to reply)
|"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Walt Kelly's Pogo
Arny Krueger

George Nikolovski wrote:

DVD-Audio output via Coax or toslink?

Does anyone know of a player that does this?

What format do you want to be output via the player's digital output.

Many of the formats that DVD-A & universal players are output via the
digital outputs. However, the so-called hi-rez formats are either not
output at all or downsampled.

My preamp does not have 5.1 analog inputs just digital.

AFAIK all DVD-A players have output jacks for 5.1 digital Dolby
Digital and maybe DTS.

I love the way my system sounds and don't want to change it.

Seems like most DVD-A players will satisfy that need.

I have been looking without much success.

Are you finding DVD-A players that lack digital outputs? Which ones?

I have a Pioneer DV-563A Universal player, and it seems to have a coax
output jack. I haven't tested it, but I presume that at least Dolby
Digital and CDs will play through it.

Is there a work around/hack?

Is one needed?

Rui Pedro Mendes Salgueiro

George Nikolovski wrote:
Does anyone know of a player that does this?

My understanding is that any player is able to do that, but 99.9% of
DVD-Audio disks disallow it (there is one small label that publishes
unlocked DVD-Audio disks) _and_ the players obey that restriction.

I think that no-name DVD-Audio players do not yet exist. Maybe when
they exist (if ever), unlocked players will appear.

--
http://www.mat.uc.pt/~rps/

..pt is Portugal| `Whom the gods love die young'-Menander (342-292 BC)
Europe | Villeneuve 50-82, Toivonen 56-86, Senna 60-94

George Nikolovski

Thanks everyone for the input.Gary asked about SACD and from what I have
read you can only output sound through the analog outputs.This is to safe
guard the disc from piracy.As I looked further it seems that DVD-A is setup
the same way.That is why I asked about a hack.I am looking to buy a new DVD
player and would like to get a universal but now I am not sure.Maybe I will
go with the best DVD player I can find in the 250 - 300 range.Any
suggestions?Thanks,George
"Rui Pedro Mendes Salgueiro" wrote in message
George Nikolovski wrote:
Does anyone know of a player that does this?

My understanding is that any player is able to do that, but 99.9% of
DVD-Audio disks disallow it (there is one small label that publishes
unlocked DVD-Audio disks) _and_ the players obey that restriction.

I think that no-name DVD-Audio players do not yet exist. Maybe when
they exist (if ever), unlocked players will appear.

--
http://www.mat.uc.pt/~rps/

.pt is Portugal| `Whom the gods love die young'-Menander (342-292 BC)
Europe | Villeneuve 50-82, Toivonen 56-86, Senna 60-94

Joakim Wendel

George Nikolovski wrote:
Does anyone know of a player that does this?

My understanding is that any player is able to do that, but 99.9% of
DVD-Audio disks disallow it (there is one small label that publishes
unlocked DVD-Audio disks) _and_ the players obey that restriction.

I think that no-name DVD-Audio players do not yet exist. Maybe when
they exist (if ever), unlocked players will appear.

--
http://www.mat.uc.pt/~rps/

.pt is Portugal| `Whom the gods love die young'-Menander (342-292 BC)
Europe | Villeneuve 50-82, Toivonen 56-86, Senna 60-94

It's not a hack but i just want to mention that Pioneer DV-757, DV-868
(and possibly a lot of other players too) output DVD-A and SACD through
firewire (aka iLink) which is a digital connection to amplifiers
equipped with the same iLink (Denon, Pioneer, Yamaha)
Cheers
Joakim
--
Joakim Wendel
Remove obvious mail JUNK block for mail reply.

My homepage : http://violinist.nu
Carl Valle

"Joakim Wendel" wrote in message
news

George Nikolovski wrote:
[...]

I have exactly the same photographs of china as you have on your website