redtaiicatfish

Default Mission 773e

Hi i was offered a mission speakers for 135usd in lightly used
condition. are they any good and should i take up the offer?
http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/archive/...rintreview.htm

many thanks!

Schizoid Man

"redtaiicatfish" wrote in message

Hi i was offered a mission speakers for 135usd in lightly used
condition. are they any good and should i take up the offer?
http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/archive/...rintreview.htm

many thanks!

Hi,

I've never heard these speakers, but I can give you a few quick pointers:

1. I would not buy a pair of speakers before hearing them first, preferably
with music you are familiar with.
2. These speakers have a fairly high sensitivity rating (92dB), but low
nominal impedance (4?). You might require a good, powerful amplifier to
drive them. What is the rms rating on the one you are currently planning to
use?
3. The condition of the cabinet is critical to the sound of the speaker. You
should inspect this carefully.

That being said, look at equivalent brands (KEF, Paradigm, PSB) to see what
deals are out there.