Karsten Krambs

Default Troubleshooting the BCA2000

Hi,

I bought this USB2 audio card - I need it to do small demo of own
material, I like the ADAT options because with an AD 8/8 interface I
have the options of recording life drums.

I'm not going to make any production on this unit, it's only for
sketches.

I CANNOT get this audio card to work. The driver installs fine, but
after reboot the little Behringer util do not show up in the system
tray. NO audio application can use the audio interface.

I have followed the entire instruction available, concerning Windows
configuration (driver, SP etc) I have tried on different motherboards,
with different chipset, RAM and CPU, same error. The last response
from Behringer was that the chipset on the USB2 card could be a
problem. So I bought a new USB2 card with a NEC chipset, as Behringer
specified. Still I cannot get it working.

This is the current system setup (my third test computer):
Motherboard : ASUS A7N8X E-Deluxe
CPU : Athlon
USB Card : SYBA NEC USB2.0
RAM : Kingston 512mb PC3200 DDR400

Driver : Software version: V1.9.7.2 beta
Software : Im using Cubase and Traction

I know that the Audio Card IS working, because it works ok on my IBM
600 MHz PIII laptop. (Except that I cannot use the Behringer ASIO
output, but only the windows default ASIO, with a LOT of latency)
Only problem is that this computer is to slow as a DAW.

On which computer configuration, can you get the BCA2000 working?

--
Karsten Ulrich Krambs
Ba.Sc.Eng (hons) & Stud.Theol
dminoz

Karsten, I've both read and been told by Behringer support that you
need an Intel chipset. Athlon is not supported. I've also read
somewhere that the BCA2000 manual states that you need Intel.

/dminoz

Arny Krueger

dminoz wrote:
Karsten, I've both read and been told by Behringer support that you
need an Intel chipset. Athlon is not supported. .

More shortsighted idiots who are tying to cut out like 50% of their
support workload by arbitrarily abandoning like 50% of their customer
base.

I've also read somewhere that the BCA2000 manual states that you

need Intel

The BCA2000 manual is online at the Behringer web site. Text searching
of the PDF reveals zero instances of the word intel.