Beauchampy

Default Looking for that ultra high quality time stretch.

Im involved in a hip hop project (lots of sampling involved). Everything is
tracked into pro tools (digi 001 LE 6.4).
I've noticed the time stretching in pro tools gives easily to that horrible
'warble' effect. In one of my univesity classes I was introduced to a piece
of software (I think it was soundhack) that is able to time stretch at some
silly resolution.

Problem being that this piece of software is only availble for mac and Im a
windows user.

Anyone have any methods or use particular software for quality time
stretching?

Regards

Beauchampy

Ricky Hunt

"Beauchampy" wrote in message
t...
Im involved in a hip hop project (lots of sampling involved). Everything
is
tracked into pro tools (digi 001 LE 6.4).
I've noticed the time stretching in pro tools gives easily to that
horrible
'warble' effect. In one of my univesity classes I was introduced to a
piece
of software (I think it was soundhack) that is able to time stretch at
some
silly resolution.

Problem being that this piece of software is only availble for mac and Im
windows user.

Anyone have any methods or use particular software for quality time
stretching?

In no particular order:

Melodyne - http://www.celemony.com/
Pitch'nTime - http://www.serato.com/products/pnt/
Speed - http://www.soundtoys.com/ultratools/speed/
Prosoniq has multiple products both standalone and plugin that are really
good: http://www.prosoniq.com/

playon

You could try Prosoniq Timestretch.

Al

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 14:27:58 +0100, "Beauchampy"
wrote:

Im involved in a hip hop project (lots of sampling involved). Everything is
tracked into pro tools (digi 001 LE 6.4).
I've noticed the time stretching in pro tools gives easily to that horrible
'warble' effect. In one of my univesity classes I was introduced to a piece
of software (I think it was soundhack) that is able to time stretch at some
silly resolution.

Problem being that this piece of software is only availble for mac and Im a
windows user.

Anyone have any methods or use particular software for quality time
stretching?

Regards

Beauchampy

Beauchampy

"Neil Rutman" wrote in message
melodyne, pricey but works great!

Just watched the promotional video - looks insane!, everything I needed and
so much more. thanks!

[...]

I've used PT's built in one (sucks horribly), an older version of
Serato (on OS9), "Amazing Slow-Downer" (download only, a bargain at
$45, and usable within limits without even paying at all) and SoundToys
Speed. Speed was the best sounding by far, and ASD sounded a lot better
than Serato (though in fairness current versions of Serato may have
improved a lot). My vote would be for Speed, which sounded very clean,
even with pretty stupid amount of it, and also is the only one (AFAIK)
that has the ability to graphically draw in speed changes. It makes it
possible (though potentially very labor intensive) to correct rushing
and dragging in individual parts or entire mixes in a way that was not
previously possible in any user-friendly way. This feature alone would
be invaluable. The great sound seals the deal for me. I'm planning to
get it soon unless someone alerts me to something even better.

Ted Spencer, NYC