Scott

Default Has anyone tested Analysis Plus Speaker Cables?

I was just at Audioholics reading their independent tests of a variety
of speaker cables. I am curious if anyone has done an actual test of
Analysis Plus speaker cables. Obviously there are product "reviews" out
there but I was looking for independently measured inductance,
resistance and capacitance. If anyone has actually done this on their
own or has a link to such tests, I would be very interested in seeing
what measurements were obtained.

TIA

-Scott
Ban

Scott wrote:
I was just at Audioholics reading their independent tests of a variety
of speaker cables. I am curious if anyone has done an actual test of
Analysis Plus speaker cables. Obviously there are product "reviews"
out there but I was looking for independently measured inductance,
resistance and capacitance. If anyone has actually done this on their
own or has a link to such tests, I would be very interested in seeing
what measurements were obtained.

These values are irrelevant for audio frequencies exept the resistance which
can be calculated or looked up from the wire size. Why trust anybodies
measurements either, you can do them yourself with this meter for 100$
http://www.aade.com/lcmeter.htm . I have it myself (but not your cable). I
use just cheap 12gauge wire and it works as good as any other one I had
tested. Save your money for better speakers instead of throwing it out of
the window for some rip-off scheme with cables.

--
ciao Ban
Bordighera, Italy
Jim Gregory

Scott
Hype.Again. Pretty name. I just use multi-tranded copper cable thick enough
to handle max current at full power, and as short as possible from monitor
amp outputs to cabinets. We are talking about a pair of low milliOhms links.
Measurements....doh!
Better to spend your money on critical internal electronics not on basic AC
electrics joining A to B..

"Scott" wrote in message
I was just at Audioholics reading their independent tests of a variety of
speaker cables. I am curious if anyone has done an actual test of Analysis
Plus speaker cables. Obviously there are product "reviews" out there but I
was looking for independently measured inductance, resistance and
capacitance. If anyone has actually done this on their own or has a link
to such tests, I would be very interested in seeing what measurements were
obtained.

TIA

-Scott

Sam Odom

On 8 Apr 2005 22:39:57 GMT, Scott wrote:

I was just at Audioholics reading their independent tests of a variety
of speaker cables. I am curious if anyone has done an actual test of
Analysis Plus speaker cables. Obviously there are product "reviews" out
there but I was looking for independently measured inductance,
resistance and capacitance. If anyone has actually done this on their
own or has a link to such tests, I would be very interested in seeing
what measurements were obtained.

TIA

-Scott

Belden teflon cat5 cable. Twist 4 of the 8 together for (+) the other
4 for (-) add connectors of your choice and solder. "Silver solder" if
you want to spend the X cash. Keep runs under 10'

In a blind test these will hold their own with $500.00/meter cables!

Sam
andy

In a blind test these will hold their own with $500.00/meter cables!

Very likely. And what would be the result against $1/metre cables?

Sam Odom

On 12 Apr 2005 23:00:15 GMT, "andy" wrote:

In a blind test these will hold their own with $500.00/meter cables!

Very likely. And what would be the result against $1/metre cables?

Very interesting question. How much difference in a blind test can be
detected between 5 different speaker cables ranging from $1 - 500?

I know from personal trials diffences can be heard BUT can a blind
tester tell which cable cost $1/meter or $20/meter or $500/meter...??

Sam
Uptown Audio

Great advise. I have seen a test of these cables and they do actually
measure very well in the tests that they chose to display. After
having reworked a pair for a customer however, I would say the quality
of the copper used is not very good and the conductors were very
difficult to work with.
-Bill
www.uptownaudio.com
Roanoke VA
(540) 343-1250

"Ban" wrote in message
Scott wrote:
[...]

Stewart Pinkerton

On 15 Apr 2005 00:23:44 GMT, Sam Odom wrote:

On 12 Apr 2005 23:00:15 GMT, "andy" wrote:

In a blind test these will hold their own with $500.00/meter cables!

Very likely. And what would be the result against $1/metre cables?

The same. Why wouldn't it?

Very interesting question. How much difference in a blind test can be
detected between 5 different speaker cables ranging from $1 - 500?

That would be zero.

I know from personal trials diffences can be heard BUT can a blind
tester tell which cable cost $1/meter or $20/meter or $500/meter...??

I know from personal trials that it is vanishingly unlikely that you
can hear any difference, if you do the trials correctly.............

Indeed, if you *can*, you can step forward and collect $5,000, a pool
which has remained unclaimed for about six years now.