permster

Default MP3 player with usb memory expansion

Couple of things I think the industry is holding back on...

1. I find it strange that no company has come out with an MP3 player
with USB memory expansion available. It's always SD/MMC expansion
slots. I do understand that there is no standard size or shape for USB
flash drives, but a USB port on the outside of the player somewhere
would be nice so that it didn't matter how big your usb drive was.

2. Why are there no car stereo's with a USB port on the front?
Imagine what kind of doors that would open up for those of us who want
to grab a few tunes quick for the road, but don't want to sit through
burning a cd. I find myself doing that all the time.

3. Along the same lines as number 1. Why hasn't any company come out
with an mp3 player shell if you will. What I mean by that is a shell
that has the display screen, play, stop, etc. And then you can plug
whatever kind of media you want into it. Almost like one of those
9-in-one memory card readers, but with a headphone jack and display
screen. So that you could use any media type (USB, SD, Memory stick,
etc.) and turn it into an MP3 player. This would absolutely kick ass.
Even if you could only use one media type, like USB for example. It
would still kick ass. They could just release different models for the
different media types.

Does anyone agree with any of the above? I think all three would
absolutely rock!

Waiting patiently for the next advance in mp3 players...