George M. Middius

Default Clerkie the Technophobe

Harold, you're the only "journalist" I've ever run into who thinks that
HDTV is "super duper". They're quite affordable now, especially rear
projection. The picture is miles better than standard signals on a standard
CRT. You have so much to learn, and (probably) so little time left.

Howard Ferstler

"George M. Middius" wrote:

Harold, you're the only "journalist" I've ever run into who thinks that
HDTV is "super duper". They're quite affordable now, especially rear
projection. The picture is miles better than standard signals on a standard
CRT. You have so much to learn, and (probably) so little time left.

I am not all that picture-quality critical, and will not be
so until HDTV shows up in playable disc formats. Most of
what I watch right now that involves a need for fairly high
quality comes from DVDs. Good standard sets do fairly well
with those, although, admittedly, the wide screen is nice.
Indeed, I consider the wide screen found with the new sets
to be more significant than the improved HDTV detail.

PS: I said as much about wide-screen advantages in my The
Home Theater Companion book, published way back in 1997.

PPS: just because you discuss HDTV and think they are
decently low in cost does not mean that you actually own
one, just like just because you discuss high-end audio and
talk about your Lexicon processor does not mean that you
have an upscale audio rig. For all any of us knows, you are
an underpaid clerk or night-duty janitor somewhere who
dreams of super AV, but must be satisfied with a pint-sized
stereo rig and a 27-inch TV set.

If you had a real job, making real money, you would not be
hanging out on RAO so much.

Howard Ferstler
George M. Middius

Brother Horace the Benighted said:

Harold, you're the only "journalist" I've ever run into who thinks that
HDTV is "super duper". They're quite affordable now, especially rear
projection. The picture is miles better than standard signals on a standard
CRT. You have so much to learn, and (probably) so little time left.

I am not all that picture-quality critical

So for you, "super-duper" is anything you can't cadge from a gullible
manufacturer. As expected, sponge.

Howard Ferstler

"George M. Middius" wrote:

Brother Horace the Benighted said:

Harold, you're the only "journalist" I've ever run into who thinks that
HDTV is "super duper". They're quite affordable now, especially rear
projection. The picture is miles better than standard signals on a standard
CRT. You have so much to learn, and (probably) so little time left.

I am not all that picture-quality critical

So for you, "super-duper" is anything you can't cadge from a gullible
manufacturer. As expected, sponge.

Cite some examples, tweako. I think you are just a bit
jealous that I am a member of the audio-journalism elite and
you are just an RAO gasbag.

Howard Ferstler
Clyde Slick

"Howard Ferstler" wrote in message

If you had a real job, making real money, you would not be
hanging out on RAO so much.

Howard Ferstler

Haw, haw, haw!

Howard Ferstler

Clyde Slick wrote:

"Howard Ferstler" wrote in message

If you had a real job, making real money, you would not be
hanging out on RAO so much.

Haw, haw, haw!

Remember, I am retired and am currently between review and
commentary articles. So I have all the time in the world -
until my wife dreams up a new home-improvement project or
some audio components arrive that I have to get busy and
review.

Howard Ferstler
George M. Middius

Brother Horace the Cadger said:

Harold, you're the only "journalist" I've ever run into who thinks that
HDTV is "super duper". They're quite affordable now, especially rear
projection. The picture is miles better than standard signals on a standard
CRT. You have so much to learn, and (probably) so little time left.

I am not all that picture-quality critical

So for you, "super-duper" is anything you can't cadge from a gullible
manufacturer. As expected, sponge.

Cite some examples, tweako.

Having trouble following the conversation, dimbulb?

I am a member of the audio-journalism elite

snicker

And Krooger is an "audio professional". ;-)

Robert Morein

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Harold, you're the only "journalist" I've ever run into who thinks that
HDTV is "super duper". They're quite affordable now, especially rear
projection. The picture is miles better than standard signals on a

standard
CRT. You have so much to learn, and (probably) so little time left.

George, be gentle.
First we have to ween him off his ikonoscope.

Lionel

In , Robert Morein wrote :

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

"especially" rear projection.

George, be gentle.

It's an obsession, he cannot help himself !

:-D

Howard Ferstler

"George M. Middius" wrote:

Brother Horace the Cadger said:

I am not all that picture-quality critical

So for you, "super-duper" is anything you can't cadge from a gullible
manufacturer. As expected, sponge.

Cite some examples, tweako.

Having trouble following the conversation, dimbulb?

The lack of examples noted.

I am a member of the audio-journalism elite

snicker

Nervous laughter from an RAO gasbag.

And Krooger is an "audio professional". ;-)

This comment is ironic, coming from an RAO gasbag.

Howard Ferstler

Lionel wrote:
In , Robert Morein wrote :

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

"especially" rear projection.

George, be gentle.

It's an obsession, he cannot help himself !

:-D

He could try joining Cornholers Anonymous.

George M. Middius

Brother Horace the Wondrously Witless said:

I am not all that picture-quality critical

So for you, "super-duper" is anything you can't cadge from a gullible
manufacturer. As expected, sponge.

Cite some examples, tweako.

Having trouble following the conversation, dimbulb?

The lack of examples noted.

Your obtuseness is noted more easily. Note. ;-)

The subject at hand is HDTV sets. Duh!

I am a member of the audio-journalism elite

snicker

Nervous laughter from an RAO gasbag.

Again, your reality compass has strayed into never-never land. That was
obviously derisive sneering. For you to claim membership in any "elite" is
the height of ridicule. It's right up there with Skilling claiming he
didn't know what the Enron CFO was up to.

And Krooger is an "audio professional". ;-)

This comment is ironic, coming from an RAO gasbag.

Now you've got it. Irony was exactly my intention.

Tom

wrote

He could try joining Cornholers Anonymous.

You could introduce him, Ozark Boy.

George M. Middius

Tom said to Thing:

He could try joining Cornholers Anonymous.

You could introduce him, Ozark Boy.

Tsk tsk.... you're not trying to enrage dickie, are you? ;-)

I wonder how much of a living somebody can make by tweaking bicycles in a
garage. I'd imagine not many people would pay for a service that has
essentially no warranty and that would void the warranty on parts used.
Maybe he can go back to the home theater design scam he tried on Winkis.
The larger question is, if a person has skills in these areas, why doesn't
he just get a job at a real company? There must be something he's not
telling us. ;-)

Tom

wrote

"I'm a cornholer."

Do tell. I'm guessing that CA is a huge organization
there in the Ozarks.

George M. Middius

Tom said:

Do tell. I'm guessing that CA is a huge organization
there in the Ozarks.

Thing's chapter is most likely called Closetcases Anonymous. Unlike
uptight, repressed hypocrites such as dickie and Slut, I'm proud of who I
am. dickie haunts tearooms and Lionella struts her stuff at airport men's
rooms. I've marched in Pride parades and I contribute to the cause with
money that I *earn* by *working*. ;-)

Clyde Slick

Tom said:

Do tell. I'm guessing that CA is a huge organization
there in the Ozarks.

Thing's chapter is most likely called Closetcases Anonymous. Unlike
uptight, repressed hypocrites such as dickie and Slut, I'm proud of who I
am. dickie haunts tearooms and Lionella struts her stuff at airport men's
rooms. I've marched in Pride parades and I contribute to the cause with
money that I *earn* by *working*. ;-)

Was she dressed as a toilet cleaning lady? Maybe I did see her at CDG
last week. And I remember that Lionella accused me of gesticulating
in front of a wall during my trip, of course,
she was talking about my **** at CDG. It must have been her.
At CDG, they walk right in on the men, you know.

Lionel

Tom said:

Do tell. I'm guessing that CA is a huge organization
there in the Ozarks.

Thing's chapter is most likely called Closetcases Anonymous. Unlike
uptight, repressed hypocrites such as dickie and Slut, I'm proud of who I
am. dickie haunts tearooms and Lionella struts her stuff at airport men's
rooms. I've marched in Pride parades and I contribute to the cause with
money that I *earn* by *working*. ;-)

Whaaaaaat a Pride parades ?....
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhh ! George what a courage, what a determination !!!! I'm
really impressed !!!

nb : A pride parade is just like a circus parade with a collective
colonoscopy at the end. ;-)

George your social involvement is highly appreciated here. I address you
this public thanks in my name and in the name of all our RAO comrades.

Sincerely,

:-D

Was she dressed as a toilet cleaning lady? Maybe I did see her at CDG
last week. And I remember that Lionella accused me of gesticulating
in front of a wall during my trip, of course,
she was talking about my **** at CDG. It must have been her.
At CDG, they walk right in on the men, you know.

(Sackman is an old repressed pederast)

How could you see something since you had your "Yalmake" over the eyes.
If you also want to participate to a "pride parade" I suggest you to wear a
latex Yalmake and bullet proof underwear.

;-)

Clyde Slick

"Lionel" wrote in message
In , Clyde Slick wrote :

Was she dressed as a toilet cleaning lady? Maybe I did see her at CDG
last week. And I remember that Lionella accused me of gesticulating
in front of a wall during my trip, of course,
she was talking about my **** at CDG. It must have been her.
At CDG, they walk right in on the men, you know.

(Sackman is an old repressed pederast)

How could you see something since you had your "Yalmake" over the eyes.
If you also want to participate to a "pride parade" I suggest you to wear
latex Yalmake and bullet proof underwear.

Ah, so the smelly cleaning lady WAS you. BTW, my yalmake
was a see through..
As far as a Pride parade, they don't have them in France.
There is no pride in France.

Clyde "francophobe" Slick wrote:

At CDG, they walk right in on the men, you know.

Do you know any men this has happened to, Art?

Lionel

In , Clyde Slick wrote :

"Lionel" wrote in message
In , Clyde Slick wrote :

Was she dressed as a toilet cleaning lady? Maybe I did see her at CDG
last week. And I remember that Lionella accused me of gesticulating
in front of a wall during my trip, of course,
she was talking about my **** at CDG. It must have been her.
At CDG, they walk right in on the men, you know.

(Sackman is an old repressed pederast)

How could you see something since you had your "Yalmake" over the eyes.
If you also want to participate to a "pride parade" I suggest you to wear
latex Yalmake and bullet proof underwear.

Ah, so the smelly cleaning lady WAS you. BTW, my yalmake
was a see through..
As far as a Pride parade, they don't have them in France.

I understand that you are very happy, old pederast.
The American pride parades and the gay lobby have grandly contributed to the
success of George W. Bush.

There is no pride in France.

We have also our enraged gay lobbyists but hopefully the homosexuals in
general seem to have a better life than in USA.
Clyde Slick

wrote in message
oups.com...

Clyde "francophobe" Slick wrote:

At CDG, they walk right in on the men, you know.

Do you know any men this has happened to, Art?

I know its a tough concept for you to comprehend,
being that in Arkansas, you haven't progressed beyond
the unisex outhouse.

Clyde Slick

"Lionel" wrote in message
In , Clyde Slick wrote :

There is no pride in France.

We have also our enraged gay lobbyists but hopefully the homosexuals in
general seem to have a better life than in USA.

Sorry, I forgot that you don't comprehend English.

Ruud Broens

wrote in message
oups.com...
:
: Clyde "francophobe" Slick wrote:
:
:
: At CDG, they walk right in on the men, you know.
:
:
: Do you know any men this has happened to, Art?
:
Interesting. So you have a crush on men that have been walked into
@ airports ?
Lay down on this here couch, son. Tell us all about your youth..

vene, vidi, Vienna
Rudy

Lionel

Clyde "old pederast" Slick a écrit :

"Lionel" wrote in message

In , Clyde Slick wrote :

There is no pride in France.

We have also our enraged gay lobbyists but hopefully the homosexuals in
general seem to have a better life than in USA.

Sorry, I forgot that you don't comprehend English.

Sorry I forgot that you don't understand humour... ;-)

Ruud Broens wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
:
: Clyde "francophobe" Slick wrote:
:
:
: At CDG, they walk right in on the men, you know.
:
:
: Do you know any men this has happened to, Art?
:
Interesting. So you have a crush on men that have been walked into
@ airports ?

Making things up as you go along today, Rudy?

Lay down on this here couch, son. Tell us all about your youth..

Careful, Rudy, lest cries of "pedophile" be directed at you! ;-)

Howard Ferstler wrote:
"George M. Middius" wrote:

Brother Horace the Benighted said:

Harold, you're the only "journalist" I've ever run into who

thinks that
HDTV is "super duper". They're quite affordable now, especially

rear
projection. The picture is miles better than standard signals

on a standard
CRT. You have so much to learn, and (probably) so little time

left.

I am not all that picture-quality critical

So for you, "super-duper" is anything you can't cadge from a

gullible
manufacturer. As expected, sponge.

Cite some examples, tweako. I think you are just a bit
jealous that I am a member of the audio-journalism elite and
you are just an RAO gasbag.

Your plahgairism may have put you in a unique catagory amoung audio
::cough:: journalists but it does not make you elite in any way, shape
or form. You're at the absolute bootom of that barrel.

Scott Wheeler

Howard Ferstler wrote:
Clyde Slick wrote:

"Howard Ferstler" wrote in message

If you had a real job, making real money, you would not be
hanging out on RAO so much.

Haw, haw, haw!

Remember, I am retired and am currently between review and
commentary articles. So I have all the time in the world -
until my wife dreams up a new home-improvement project or
some audio components arrive that I have to get busy and
review.

Howard Ferstler

If you want a real home improvement just move out of the county.

Scott Wheeler

Slow 'n' Stupid Wheeler wrote:

bootom of that barrel.

Bootom? Sounds exotic. A Dutch word? Or, perhaps, a soccer term?

Slow 'n' Stupid Wheeler wrote:

bootom of that barrel.

Bootom? Sounds exotic. A Dutch word? Or, perhaps, a soccer term?

Oh yeah, you're one of those guys who can't deal with a typo. No wonder
you never left the safty of your mom and dad's home.

Scott Wheeler

George M. Middius

Scott said:

Oh yeah, you're one of those guys who can't deal with a typo. No wonder
you never left the safty of your mom and dad's home.

The sad truth about dickie/toony/Thing is that he prefers riding with
training wheels.

Tom

Dickhead tries to warm up to Ruud:

Careful, Rudy, lest cries of "pedophile" be directed at you!

;-)

Look out!! He's warming up his winky!