Konrad

Default Best way to run 3 Delta 1010 cards?

Hello All:

I'm in the middle of this project.

I have a Promise RAID array with 2EA 200Gig HDs, Asus MB P4PE, Pentium
4 2.8 Gig Chip, 512M RAM on one slot, and a Matrox G550 video card.

I just bought the 2 additional Delta 1010s, and I'm now backing all
the files up in case I crash the pig ;-) My original Delta is about 2
years old, and the 2 new ones are still in the box - (and they'll be
for sale when I'm done!)

I'm running Windows XP, and I'm seeing that some IRQ's seem to be
shared - I'm addressing that.

I understand that I need to slave the other 2 Deltas to the primary
with BNC cables.

Basically, I'm trying to accumulate any/all info before I attempt
this. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed with PC's, obviously, so
I'm hoping some of you will take some time to illuminate some of the
correct settings for the rest of us. We'd all really appreciate it.

I will also let all of you know how this turns out when I attempt it
next week.

Kindest Regards,

Konrad
Arny Krueger

"Konrad" wrote in message
om
Hello All:

I'm in the middle of this project.

I have a Promise RAID array with 2EA 200Gig HDs, Asus MB P4PE, Pentium
4 2.8 Gig Chip, 512M RAM on one slot, and a Matrox G550 video card.

I just bought the 2 additional Delta 1010s, and I'm now backing all
the files up in case I crash the pig ;-) My original Delta is about 2
years old, and the 2 new ones are still in the box - (and they'll be
for sale when I'm done!)

I'm running Windows XP, and I'm seeing that some IRQ's seem to be
shared - I'm addressing that.

I understand that I need to slave the other 2 Deltas to the primary
with BNC cables.

I use a Delta 66 slaved to a Delta 1010 for a total of 12 channels. The hook
up for two 1010's would be pretty much the same. I guess I could have two
more channels if I hooked up my Flying Cow to the free SP/DIF input... and
clocked the 1010 to its SP/DIF input.

http://www.midiman.net/support/manua...410_manual.pdf

"The selection "Multi-card Sync " will remain grayed out until a second
Delta PCI card (of which there are a variety) is installed in the
system.When you wish to synchronize two (or more,up to four) Delta
cards,select Multi-card Sync on the second and successive cards. Then,select
S/PDIF as your master clock,and connect the S/PDIF output of the first card
to the S/PDIF input of the second card,etc.This ensures that when the
application goes into record or playback,it waits until all audio ports are
open before it commences with recording or playback of audio."

IOW, there's a short piece of regular RCA audio cable from SP/DIF In on the
Delta
66 to SP/DIF Out on the 1010, and two flags set on the Delta control panel
for the Delta 66. One flag sets multi-card synch and the other synchs the
66 to its SP/DIF input. The Delta 1010 is set up for defaults as it runs on
its own clock. All per M-Audio documentation. IME this is all it takes.