Jon Yaeger

Default Hate Bait - Yaeger Submits a Toobe Design

A neighbor, and fellow tube head asked me to cobble together a headphone
amplifier. So I went through my junkbox and scrounged up parts including
two SE output transformers that were salvaged from a Wollensak tape recorder
that originally used 7591s. The power XFMR also came from the same source.

I posted the initial schematic on alt.binaries.schematics.elctronic. It was
drafted on a Macintosh using Canvas. I've assembled the power supply and
tested it, but it's not included with the post.

I'm admittedly a neophyte at tube design. I'm sure that there are flaws and
oversights in the design. For example, I'm not certain about the best way
to include the volume control.

I welcome any comments, pro or con. I expect flames from the usual
subjects, and that's OK. I felt it was about time to return to the topic of
valves aka vacuum tubes and try to lessen the rand noise. This is my own
contribution to that goal . . .

I'd like to thank Patrick Turner for his thoughtful & useful ideas and
suggestions that preceded the drawing.

TIA,

Jon

Patrick Turner

Jon Yaeger wrote:

A neighbor, and fellow tube head asked me to cobble together a headphone
amplifier. So I went through my junkbox and scrounged up parts including
two SE output transformers that were salvaged from a Wollensak tape recorder
that originally used 7591s. The power XFMR also came from the same source.

I posted the initial schematic on alt.binaries.schematics.elctronic.

The schematic won't appear here for a day or two with my ISP.

Patrick Turner

Frank B

Patrick Turner wrote in message ...
Jon Yaeger wrote:

A neighbor, and fellow tube head asked me to cobble together a headphone
amplifier. So I went through my junkbox and scrounged up parts including
two SE output transformers that were salvaged from a Wollensak tape recorder
that originally used 7591s. The power XFMR also came from the same source.

I posted the initial schematic on alt.binaries.schematics.elctronic.

The schematic won't appear here for a day or two with my ISP.

Patrick Turner

My ISP doesn't carry the binaries. Point your browser to the public
news server news-read1.maxwell.syr.edu and download it from there.

How do I decode the file?

Frank B
Frank B

Jon Yaeger wrote:

in article , Frank B at

Jon Yaeger wrote:

A neighbor, and fellow tube head asked me to cobble together a headphone
amplifier. So I went through my junkbox and scrounged up parts including
two SE output transformers that were salvaged from a Wollensak tape recorder
that originally used 7591s. The power XFMR also came from the same source.

I posted the initial schematic on alt.binaries.schematics.elctronic.

The schematic won't appear here for a day or two with my ISP.

Patrick Turner

My ISP doesn't carry the binaries. Point your browser to the public
news server news-read1.maxwell.syr.edu and download it from there.

How do I decode the file?

Frank B

Use Acrobat Reader (free) available from
www.adobe.com.

Sorry to bother you again. I have Adobe Reader. Various combinations
of the text downloaded from ABSE don't do anything with Adobe Reader
except report that the message is wrongly decoded. What should be done
to it before I try to open it with Adobe Reader? This is what I have

*******

--B_3184418348_4294956910

JVBERi0xLjINCiWpnu2drg0KMSAwIG9iag0KPDwNCi9DcmVhdG 9yIChDQU5WQVMgNyBcMjUx

SNIPPED MORE OF THE SAME

Zg0KMjgwNzcNCiUlRU9GDQo=

--B_3184418348_4294956910--

**********

TIA

Frank B.
Gregg

Behold, Frank B signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

Sorry to bother you again. I have Adobe Reader. Various combinations of
the text downloaded from ABSE don't do anything with Adobe Reader except
report that the message is wrongly decoded. What should be done to it
before I try to open it with Adobe Reader? This is what I have

*******

--B_3184418348_4294956910

JVBERi0xLjINCiWpnu2drg0KMSAwIG9iag0KPDwNCi9DcmVhdG 9yIChDQU5WQVMgNyBcMjUx

SNIPPED MORE OF THE SAME

Zg0KMjgwNzcNCiUlRU9GDQo=

--B_3184418348_4294956910--

Is it yEnc'ed?

--
Gregg t3h g33k
"Ratings are for transistors....tubes have guidelines"