Steven valve

Default we cryogenically treat your tubes at realistic prices

ABOUT ME
My name is Steven, an audiophile and the owner of a cryogenics firm. For the
last thirty years I have spent many late nights building and tinkering with all
sorts of exotic hi fi equipment. After years of going to various shops, trading
in my superceded equipment for the latest and greatest, to get only a marginal
improvement at a ridiculous expense I decided there must be a better way. I
started to build my own equipment. That was the turning point. What I built
absolutely annihilated anything I could buy in the high end shops.

MY EQUIPMENT
A zero oversampling non digital filter phillips 1541 crown chip DAC, with valve
output stage (Amperex bugle boys 6DJ8s). The amp, a single ended classA triode
RCA 245/2A3 monoplates. Output, 1.5- 3 watts depending on the tube - no
electrolytic capacitors anywhere in my system. Speakers - Goodmans axiom 80s
full range speakers (no speaker crossovers) in horn loaded boxes.
Every time I changed a cable, wire, capacitor, resistor or valve, there was an
audible change, but not always for the better.
What I did ultimately was always an improvement, but never so much as when I
cryogenically treated my first group of valves (6DJ8s).

CRYOGENIC EFFECTS
There was a stunning improvement in every perceivable parameter. What struck me
at first was the blackness, lack of grain, hash and noise between the
instruments.The voice appeared to be so much more realistic, as a person right
there in front of you, coming out of an absolute black background. It was like
real music, rather than artificial. At first I couldn't believe my ears. I
swapped back to a standard set of bugle boys 6DJ8s and confirmed that I'd never
be able to go back to an uncryoed tube again. I knew I had to do all my tubes.
I was sold. Since that time I've spent countless hours perfecting the process
of cryoing tubes and the results are stunning. Some of the popular tubes I've
done are
6SL7 6SN7 6J5 GZ32 GZ34 5U4 U52 300B 2A3 45 245 EL34

THE PROCESS
The Valves undergo a specially developed proprietary Deep Cryogenic Treatment
followed by a heating post-treatment.
I found that the key to the process was the temperature that the valves were
taken down to. My experiments have shown that significant sonic benefits are
achieved with temperatures below -160 deg C. So normal cryo chambers that went
to - 135 deg C were not good enough. The valves had to be taken down to a
minimum of -180 deg C to gain the full effect.

My System uses custom designed cryogenic chambers and internals which ensures
that -180 deg C is achieved. (Commercial units can only cool down to -135 deg
C.)
This is a time consuming process taking 2 days, where the material is slowly
cooled to -180 deg C, left soaking at that temperature and is slowly brought
back to room temperature. This is followed by post heat treatment which
involves a slow temperature rise and soak followed by slow temperature drop
back to room temperature

BENEFITS TO YOU
The sonic benefits of the Valve Cryogenic Treatment are smooth, grain free,
detailed, fast, realistic and musically involving reproduction of music.

We want to keep the price down so other music heads can enjoy the same effects
that we're enjoying now.
The chambers are relatively small so the tubes are not mass produced.

For enquiries or more information please contact or visit
our Web Page at
http://www.cryomusicsystems.com

- XC -

ABOUT ME
My name is Steven, an audiophile............

Dude, you are so full of $HIT and have succeeded only in taking
audio-phoolery to a new low.
I suggest you cryo-freeze your brain when you die so that future generations
might gain medical knowledge on your condition.

$$Remember, the more you $pend the better it $ound$$$

Patrick Turner

- XC - wrote:

ABOUT ME
My name is Steven, an audiophile............

Dude, you are so full of $HIT and have succeeded only in taking
audio-phoolery to a new low.
I suggest you cryo-freeze your brain when you die so that future generations
might gain medical knowledge on your condition.

$$Remember, the more you $pend the better it $ound$$$

The audio club in Sydney might not agree its all a con.

Their meeting this month is at the residence of a bloke who claims he's frozen
his tubes
for awhile and got chalk and cheese differences with the sound.

Of course the freezing makes it better.
The reasons given about the metal structure changing favourably sounds like
the purest snake oil.
I wonder if dropping a solid state amp in liquid nitrogen for a day or a week
would
improve the sound?
Maybe it worsens the sound.

Maybe the cold does things to the cathode molecular structure;
it'd be the most likely thing to change with cold because its a very queer thing

copmared to plain metals used for grids and plates.

Nobody has measured a tube before and after freezing.

The jury is still out and a verdict is due, but the bloke with frozen tubes
wants folks to buy his amps fitted with them, so there is a $$$ reason involved,

but they all know Joe is a blusterer and BS artiste, so they are use to his
tricks.

It'll be a fine social occasion at least....

Patrick Turner.

Ian Iveson

"Steven valve" wrote

There was a stunning improvement in every perceivable parameter.

What struck me
at first was the blackness...
...The Valves undergo a specially developed proprietary Deep

Cryogenic Treatment...

I know it works but it is a cruel and bullying tactic.

It is said that the Spartans used to leave each new-born baby alone
on the top of a snow-capped mountain for its first night, because
this made them fight better. Now we know that if we treat them nice
and warm and feed them lots of pie, they can still kick ass when
they grow up.

I have found after exhaustive tests and discussions with all my
valves that they like cotton sheets, a hot water bottle, and stories
from Grimm's tales. They are also fond of Captain Pugwash videos.
For some reason Teslas like The Magic Roundabout but they are
strangely paranoid and won't talk about it.

Sing to them. Try playing the folk music from wherever they come
from. People don't think of these things, but they really work. An
E88CC of mine can sing "Frere Jack" unaccompanied. Some of them are
thinking of forming a choir.

Sometimes I get upset about the EL84 singing the flight of the
valkeries when I'm trying to listen to the Leningrad symphony, but
it tells me it is making a genuine artistic contribution, so I can't
complain.

cheers, Ian

Patrick Turner

Ian Iveson wrote:

"Steven valve" wrote

[...]

If you happen to like John Williams on guitar,
and you have russian tubes in the amp, do not,
whatever you do, leave a bottle of vodka beside the amp.

Soon you will hear raucous strums of the balailika,
and the level in the bottle will have descended
when your back was turned.

Patrick Turner.