TerryJ

Default First homemade 'hifi' amp

http://home.comcast.net/~suptjud/HomemadeHiFi.htm
Care to tell me all the things I did wrong?

--
Kind regards,
Terry Judkins

---
Patrick Turner

TerryJ wrote:

http://home.comcast.net/~suptjud/HomemadeHiFi.htm
Care to tell me all the things I did wrong?

One channel looks like it'd work ok, what about the other? :-)

The "blocking" problem occurs because you have
so many CR couplings.
The 0.005 and long tail pair bias R of 1M would give you a pole at 16
Hz
with no FB.
The FB then restores the bass response to get a pole which is lower,
but it shouldn't oscillate at LF with FB.
You might find that the trace on a CRO tends to bounce up and down
a bit with changing signal level, and the "margin of stability" isn't
too high.

Think about the elements of design at
http://www.turneraudio.com.au/htmlwe...0ulabinteg.htm

The arrangement of the input and driver tubes is basically the same as
the topology
you have chosen but there are some networks which improve the stablity.

Patrick Turner.

--
Kind regards,
Terry Judkins