Jon Yaeger

Default Review: Tube Audio Design, Rozenblit

If you are a neophyte to tube design, this is an excellent primer.

Rozenblit does a nice job of covering the basics and makes them (relatively)
easy to grasp. Of course, There is no way to get around the math . . . If
you are patient and willing to reread sections and "do the homework" you
will be able to design something and understand how it works after reading
this book.

It's simpler and more "novice friendly" than the RDH, but IMHO Norman
Crowhurst is a better writer.

Rosenblit discusses several classic designs towards the end of the book, and
includes the circuit schematics for amplifiers.

Like all of Rosenblit's work that I've read, there is no lack of strong
opinion and you might infer that this guy is a competent designer with a big
ego.

I bought some hardware from Bruce's website a couple of times. The last
time, I took advantage of a discount that he offered and he wantonly
cancelled my order. When I complained about it, he implied that I was
trying to screw him by placing my order . . . Huh?

Anyway, the book is well done and I recommend it.

Jon