Ceasar Braga Jr

Default Rega Planet

I have a Rega Planet CD which I bought about 5 years ago.I seem to remember
a Outboard DAC which could be bought to go with it .Does anyone know the
model number of this unit and where I might find one.

Uptown Audio

The original Rega Planet CD player was sold as Rega's entry level
digital player. At that time, they also had a transport called the
Jupiter and a DAC called the Io which offered superior performance.
Today, Rega makes a Planet CD player and a Jupiter CD player, either
of which should be superior to the old Jupiter/Io Transport/DAC
arrangement. Some might consider the new Planet CD player to be equal
but different and some definately find it better. In any case, the new
Jupiter player is significantly better. Buying a new CD player Vs an
old DAC has other advantages, the main being getting a brand new,
warrantied laser/transport mechanism, which is the largest cause for
failure in any digital playback system.
-Bill
www.uptownaudio.com
Roanoke VA