Steve Bench

Default The Matrix - reloaded

Hi All,

A while back someone was asking about the Matrix amp article for
the version demonstrated at ETF2003. I've updated my web pages and
there are now articles associated with 4 versions of matrix amps:
YL1060 based
KT88 based
813 based
7695 based (this is the one demoed at ETF2003).

Best Regards,
Steve

Check my web page .. A
HREF="http://members.aol.com/sbench101/"http://members.aol.com/sbench101/A
Remove the .gov to EMail me
BEAR

Steve,

I am waiting for the TL-1000 version.

Or maybe the 3-500 version.

Until then, well, gee... ummm...

;- )

_-_-bear

--
_-_- BEAR Labs
- Custom Audio Equipment, Cables, Mods, Repairs -

Steve Bench

I am waiting for the TL-1000 version.

Or maybe the 3-500 version.

Until then, well, gee... ummm...

;- )

_-_-bear

Aw geee. Ya mean 66 watts per channel for 1 813 per channel
ain't good enough? :-)

[For those who don't get the "inside joke", with one 813 per
channel, the theoretical best efficiency you should get is
50%. For a tube dissipating 80 watts, this means the best
power you should expect is 40 watts, with typical power
being perhaps 30 watts. Yet this amp produces 66 watts
per channel but does not overload the tube].

Hmmm lessee, if we did a 4-1000A, and dissipated perhaps
900 watts, in single ended Matrix topology maybe 750
watts per channel? coooooool. Well, maybe not cool, but
neat anyway. :-)

Best Regards,
Steve

Check my web page .. A
HREF="http://members.aol.com/sbench101/"http://members.aol.com/sbench101/A
Remove the .gov to EMail me
Peter Völpel

Steve Bench schrieb:

I am waiting for the TL-1000 version.

Or maybe the 3-500 version.

yes, 3-500Z could be powerful, but getting too
expensive nowadays

Aw geee. Ya mean 66 watts per channel for 1 813 per channel
ain't good enough? :-)

[For those who don't get the "inside joke", with one 813 per
channel, the theoretical best efficiency you should get is
50%. For a tube dissipating 80 watts, this means the best
power you should expect is 40 watts, with typical power
being perhaps 30 watts. Yet this amp produces 66 watts
per channel but does not overload the tube].

Hmmm lessee, if we did a 4-1000A, and dissipated perhaps
900 watts, in single ended Matrix topology maybe 750
watts per channel? coooooool. Well, maybe not cool, but
neat anyway. :-)

Hi Steve,

Very interesting your pages with matrix amps.
With higher B+ on the 813s efficiency would be much higher.
I am thinking of building one with QB3/300, those are quite
cheap over here.
I guess 1500V will be fine with 600V g2 and I could earn a
nice heating during this season, make it my "winter-SE"

Regards

Peter
Ross Matheson

Peter Völpel wrote:

: Steve Bench schrieb:
:
:
[...]

I see this chap http://s88932719.onlinehome.us/tubes.htm has a few
4X150A for sale, which appear to be subs/similiar to QB3/300.

AB1 and AB2 audio data are readily available for this valve.

Might be fun for someone.

Ross

Ross Matheson

Ross Matheson wrote:

: I see this chap http://s88932719.onlinehome.us/tubes.htm has a few
: 4X150A for sale, which appear to be subs/similiar to QB3/300.
:
: AB1 and AB2 audio data are readily available for this valve.
:
: Might be fun for someone.

Oops - QB3/300 are more like the 125A - my apologies!
Nevertheless ...

Passive? routing? matrix? switcher with multiple busses? Loren Amelang Pro Audio 18 December 7th 04 05:04 AM
Passive? routing? matrix? switcher with multiple busses? Loren Amelang Pro Audio 0 December 4th 04 09:04 PM
Matrix switches Giji George Pro Audio 0 February 24th 04 11:01 AM
Matrix switches Giji George Tech 0 February 24th 04 11:01 AM
FA: Matrix sound design magazine (this might interest some of you) Eamon Pro Audio 0 July 8th 03 03:12 PM