Patrick Turner

Default Nice and Quiet at RAT.

It seems like it.

Wait, I'll jab myself with a soldering iron
to see if I am here.....................

Maybe someone could say something without the AJ and PA
allotting to us all more of those pre-christmas titles.

Now thar is a statement which is pregnant with combustibility,
if ever I saw one.

Patrick Turner.

Jon Yaeger

I'd conclude from your post that you miss fighting with those fools. Let
sleeping dogs lie, in more ways than one . . .

Andy Evans

It's only quiet because the filaments are warming up. Wait until the B+ kicks
in.......

=== Andy Evans ===
Visit our Website:- http://www.artsandmedia.com
Audio, music and health pages and interesting links.
Yves Monmagnon

Hi Pat !
You shouldn't play with matches ;-)

Happy new year.
Yves.

"Patrick Turner" wrote in message
It seems like it.

Wait, I'll jab myself with a soldering iron
to see if I am here.....................

Maybe someone could say something without the AJ and PA
allotting to us all more of those pre-christmas titles.

Now thar is a statement which is pregnant with combustibility,
if ever I saw one.

Patrick Turner.

Gregg

Behold, Andy Evans signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

It's only quiet because the filaments are warming up. Wait until the B+
kicks in.......

LOL! :-)

--
Gregg
*It's probably useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*

John Byrns

In article , Anonymous
wrote:

The slack-lipped old fool Turner is once more trolling up trouble to

make himself look important. If everyone ignores his jabbering butt,
perhaps we can all get on with tubes.

Andre Jute
No time for poodle-fakers

Hi Andre,

I think everyone is still recovering from the holiday celebrations, and
hasn't yet rebuilt their energy stores to a level suitable for discussing
tubes and horn speakers. I will say though that it certainly is pleasant
not being bombarded constantly by missives from HP.

I have been meaning to get back to your for over a week to ask if Lowther
has any discussion of the "bicor" principle on their web site, and if you
could provide a direct link? Looking at the photo of your horn, the
"bicor" column, and pockets, remind me of the labyrinth type design used
by Bose. I am curious if the purpose of this "bicor" channel in the
Lowther horn design is to compensate for the limited performance
capabilities of the small horn?

Do you have any idea why the mouth of the horn is in the rear of the
cabinet? I much prefer the visual effect of having the horn mouth exit
from the front of the cabinet.

Regards,

John Byrns

Surf my web pages at, http://users.rcn.com/jbyrns/
Patrick Turner

Gee, I was mistaken.

That monkey brained pest, Andre Jute, remains amongst us, eager to read
each and every syllable of mine, and apply his lack of wit, lack of knowledge,
lack of kindness, absense of virtue,
and bad humour as usual.

Andre's new year's resolution did not include turning over a new leaf.

Patrick Turner.

Patrick Turner wrote:

It seems like it.

Wait, Ill jab myself with a soldering iron
to see if I am here.....................

Maybe someone could say something without the AJ and PA
allotting to us all more of those pre-christmas titles.

Now thar is a statement which is pregnant with combustibility,
if ever I saw one.

Patrick Turner.

kyser

"Patrick Turner" wrote in message

Gee, I was mistaken.

That monkey brained pest, Andre Jute, remains amongst us, eager to read

each and every syllable of mine, and apply his lack of wit, lack of
knowledge, lack of kindness, absense of virtue, and bad humour as usual.

Andre's new year's resolution did not include turning over a new leaf.

Judging by your second provocative paragraph, neither was your's.

FFS, LET IT GO!!! You're boring our arses off, and it's been _mercifully
quiet_ for a week or two.

EC

Hi John,

I can't remember where, but I think I read the linked chambers
helps reduce standing waves. Single-driver speakers also often
suffer from a hi-mid resonance (they call it a 'shout').. might
have to do with that too.

(John Byrns) wrote in news:jbyrns-1501041452060001@216-80-
74-124.d.enteract.com:

In article , Anonymous
wrote:

[...]

Jon Yaeger

YOU LOVE IT!

Patrick Turner

Jon Yaeger wrote:

YOU LOVE IT!

Sure, I like the peace and quiet.
I get more time to do useful things.

Unfortunately, AJ and PA forgot again to book their
1 year time outs at St Helena.
There is a special old stone building their for their accommodation,
without a PC.

http://geowww.gcn.ou.edu/~bweaver/Ascension/sh.htm

Patrick Turner.

Li Gangyi

Yeah...and a short happens somewhere and boom~!!!
More noise on the output...blown speakers too and melted iron...seriously
though I think it's been good lately...let's hope it stays that way to make
RAT a more constructive place...

Note to PD ScottW Audio Opinions 14 December 8th 04 03:13 AM
quiet but powerfull laptop for audio use? J.A. Pro Audio 13 November 13th 04 08:14 AM
Mics for live lute recording Peter Larsen Pro Audio 55 May 29th 04 06:49 AM
Behringer ADA8000 Quick Review J. Joyce Pro Audio 14 December 16th 03 12:26 PM
Comparison of Quiet PC's & US Vendors of Quiet PC's Jim Mitchell Pro Audio 20 September 30th 03 01:51 PM