Scott Gardner

Default Simplest tube amplifier kit?

Can anyone recommend a good brand for a tube amp kit, complete with
enclosure, tubes, transformers and all other components? Something
that shows up as a bag of components and a schematic, and you pretty
much just add solder? To use a model-car analogy, I'm looking for
something along the lines of a Revell Snap-Tite with all the parts
pre-painted.

Sound quality really isn't the highest priority, I just want something
that I can learn-by-doing and have a somewhat useful stereo amplifier
when I'm done. Being able to buy the kit and complete it for a few
hundred dollars would be nice, too.

Scott Gardner

Gregg

Behold, jeff & vickie signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

http://www.torresengineering.com/maktubam.html

Nice link!

Thanks J&V

--
Gregg
*It's probably useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*
Richard Wagner -Dagwood-

Antique Electronic Supply has a very nice (good sounding I've read)

http://www.tubesandmore.com/
go to Kits, then Audio
K-502 2003 Catalog page 51 $139.50

(All tube design rivals sound of high end audio amplifiers costing 10 times as
much! Designed by George Fathauer. Enjoy the thrill of high end audio without
going broke and enjoy the satisfaction in building it yourself. Kit comes
complete will all parts and easy to follow instructions. Easily built in one
evening. Uses 11BM8 tubes included in the kit. Also included pine board for
mounting PC board and transformers. )
DAgW00d

Date: 1/4/2004 4:33 PM Central Standard Time
Can anyone recommend a good brand for a tube amp kit, complete with
enclosure, tubes, transformers and all other components? Something
that shows up as a bag of components and a schematic, and you pretty
much just add solder? To use a model-car analogy, I'm looking for
something along the lines of a Revell Snap-Tite with all the parts
pre-painted.

Sound quality really isn't the highest priority, I just want something
that I can learn-by-doing and have a somewhat useful stereo amplifier
when I'm done. Being able to buy the kit and complete it for a few
hundred dollars would be nice, too.

Scott Gardner

"Tigers Older brother DAG"