brent

Default se amp vs set amp

Ok-I am electronically illiterate--but trying to change that. I was told
there is a differance between a SE amp and a SET amp.Could someone explain
the difference for me?
Thanks

John Byrns

In article ehZEb.760136$6C4.415506@pd7tw1no, "brent" wrote:

Ok-I am electronically illiterate--but trying to change that. I was told
there is a differance between a SE amp and a SET amp.Could someone explain
the difference for me?
Thanks

And there is also the SEDHT amp which is at the top of the SE pecking order.

Regards,

John Byrns

Surf my web pages at, http://users.rcn.com/jbyrns/
TubeGarden

Hi RATs!

SE is Single Ended.

SET is Single Ended Triode, a subset.

SE includes tubes with more active components than a triode's cathode, grid and
plate.

DHT is Directly Heated Triode, a subset of triodes which uses the heater as the
cathode, directly.

Happy Ears!
Acronym Leader

Alan J. Marcy
Phoenix, AZ

PWC/mystic/Earhead
Mark Harriss

wrote:

Ok-I am electronically illiterate--but trying to change that. I was told
there is a differance between a SE amp and a SET amp.Could someone
explain the difference for me?
Thanks

And there is also the SEDHT amp which is at the top of the SE pecking
order.

Regards,

John Byrns

Surf my web pages at, http://users.rcn.com/jbyrns/

I think a DEDHT would be a nice project with 833B's