Lord Valve

Default A new 6L6 from New Sensor

Mike Matthews is now shipping limited quantities of a new
addition to his Svetlana line, a brown-based 6L6GC. Like
the brown-based EL-34 which preceded it, the internals
are different from any of the other Reflektor/Sovtek/Electro-Harmonix
tubes currently offered. (The Reflektor/Svetlana 6550 seems to
be identical to the Sovtek 6550WE, with the exception of the
brown plastic on the base. They say it ain't, but... ;-) The Svetlana
EL-34 is fine in Marshalls and Boogies - haven't had the chance
to stuff a Music Man with 'em yet, which is usually the acid test.

The New Sensor boys say the new Svet 6L6 is killer, but they
*always* say that. If you audiophool phellers are interested,
I'll post my test results in a week or two. (I could only get a
10-piece evaluation sample, which is ok for listening tests
but not really large enough to get a feel for infant mortality
or overall quality.)

Lord Valve
Tone Chaperone

VISIT MY WEBSITE: http://www.nebsnow.com/LordValve
I specialize in top quality HAND SELECTED NOS and
current-production vacuum tubes for guitar and
bass amps. Good prices, fast service.
QSC amps, RNC compressors, lots of other good stuff!

Partial Client List: * Derek Trucks/Allman Brothers Band *
* Meatloaf * Catherine Wheel * Yo La Tengo * Let's Go Bowling *
* John Hall * Tyrin Benoit * Eugene Fodor * Dale Bruning *
* Komet Amplification * Dr. Z * Maven Peal * Blockhead Amps *
* Jim Kelley * Balls Amplification * Roccaforte Amplifiers *
* Gerhart Amplification * The Right Half of AGA * Lots More *

NBS Electronics, 230 South Broadway, Denver, CO 80209-1510
Phone orders/tech support after 1:30 PM Denver time at 303-778-1156

VISA - MASTERCARD - PAYPAL

"Ninety percent of everything is CRAP." - Sturgeon's Law

Gregg

Behold, Lord Valve signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

The New Sensor boys say the new Svet 6L6 is killer, but they *always*
say that.

I like the 6L6.

They are all "killers", especially in "glowing plate" mode ;-)

--
Gregg
*It's probably useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*
Patrick Turner

Lord Valve wrote:

[...]

Keep us posted. We ARE interested.
I have liked the Sovtek 6L6GC anyway....

I'll even call you Lord instead of Mr,
if you can tolerate my tolerance of your alternative political ideas.

Patrick Turner.

scottp

Is this different than the 6L6EH ? These are
sort of black plate copies I think. They are not
at all like the 5881 sovteks.

I like the 5881 wafer based guys though too. They
are as tough as nails.

I'm running the 6L6EH they sound real good in my
pro reverb. I little brighter than the RCA black plates.
They sound more like RCAs than the 5881 wafer base.

Scott

Patrick Turner wrote:

[...]

Patrick Turner

Lord Valve wrote:

You're an insufferable ****, Turner. Go mangle some iron.

The Lord might take a dim view of thy Attitudes.
The Pearly Gates may be closed to thee,
when you see those poorer souls you despised here on earth
Walking with Grace in the Kingdom, it would be to late to ask Forgiveness.

Repent, oh Ye Sinners....

Patrick Turner

Lord Valve
Expert

Patrick Turner wrote:

\Subject: A new 6L6 from New Sensor
From: Patrick Turner

I'll even call you Lord instead of Mr,
if you can tolerate my tolerance of your alternative political ideas.

Patrick Turner

Alternative political ideas? Here in the Colonies there's plenty more like us.

John Del
Wolcott, CT

Lord Valve says some heated things, but he does not embark
on crusades against so called gangs et all.
He, like I, see no point in wasting precious time.
I have no trouble tolerating his ideas away from any
he may have about tubes.

God will be his Judge, not I, on his final day.

Patrick Turner.

"I'm just trying to get into heaven, I'm not running for Jesus!"
Homer Simpson

(remove S for email reply)

John Stewart

Patrick Turner wrote:

Lord Valve wrote:

You're an insufferable ****, Turner. Go mangle some iron.

The Lord might take a dim view of thy Attitudes.
The Pearly Gates may be closed to thee,
when you see those poorer souls you despised here on earth
Walking with Grace in the Kingdom, it would be to late to ask Forgiveness.

Repent, oh Ye Sinners....

Patrick Turner

OT: Recognition Defined

The Moslems do not recognize Judaism as a religion.

The Jews do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah.

The Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the leader of the Christian
Religion.

And, the Southern Baptists do not recognize each other in the liquor
store or in a Hooters Restaurant.

Something to think about, John Stewart

Patrick Turner

John Stewart wrote:

Patrick Turner wrote:

Lord Valve wrote:

You're an insufferable ****, Turner. Go mangle some iron.

The Lord might take a dim view of thy Attitudes.
The Pearly Gates may be closed to thee,
when you see those poorer souls you despised here on earth
Walking with Grace in the Kingdom, it would be to late to ask Forgiveness.

Repent, oh Ye Sinners....

Patrick Turner

OT: Recognition Defined

The Moslems do not recognize Judaism as a religion.

The Jews do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah.

The Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the leader of the Christian
Religion.

And, the Southern Baptists do not recognize each other in the liquor
store or in a Hooters Restaurant.

Something to think about, John Stewart

Faith, Hope, and Charity are fine christian, moslem, or jewish notions.
Goodness and Evil can exist in people of any faith.

But of course, at the local knocking shop you might meet
Faith, Hope, or Charity,
or perhaps you could meet 3 nuns of same names,
and its all part of the tapestry of life.

Much evil is perpetrated in the name of religion,
anarchy, communism, nationalism, etc,
all of which leads us to know that none of us a perfect,
and nor is any religion or set of ideas.

Patrick Turner.

Patrick Turner

Lord Valve wrote:

Go hang out with your whore and leave the grownups alone.
LV

Mary Magdelene was a whore, but Our Redeemer, Christ,
did not reject her.

Thy warmth from thy breath it that of a dragon's roaring snort.
Ye should stay within thy cave, and not try place
fear into the populace of ordinary God fearing Souls,
for it is in Vain.

Patrick Turner.

Patrick Turner wrote:

Lord Valve wrote:

You're an insufferable ****, Turner. Go mangle some iron.

The Lord might take a dim view of thy Attitudes.
The Pearly Gates may be closed to thee,
when you see those poorer souls you despised here on earth
Walking with Grace in the Kingdom, it would be to late to ask Forgiveness.

Repent, oh Ye Sinners....

Patrick Turner

Lord Valve
Expert

Patrick Turner wrote:

Chuck Harris

Patrick Turner wrote:

Lord Valve wrote:

Go hang out with your whore and leave the grownups alone.
LV

Mary Magdelene was a whore, but Our Redeemer, Christ,
did not reject her.

Thy warmth from thy breath it that of a dragon's roaring snort.
Ye should stay within thy cave, and not try place
fear into the populace of ordinary God fearing Souls,
for it is in Vain.

Patrick Turner.

It is not wise to mess with the dragon, for thou art most tasty with
barbecue sauce.

-Chuck

Patrick Turner

Chuck Harris wrote:

Patrick Turner wrote:

Lord Valve wrote:

Go hang out with your whore and leave the grownups alone.
LV

Mary Magdelene was a whore, but Our Redeemer, Christ,
did not reject her.

Thy warmth from thy breath it that of a dragon's roaring snort.
Ye should stay within thy cave, and not try place
fear into the populace of ordinary God fearing Souls,
for it is in Vain.

Patrick Turner.

It is not wise to mess with the dragon, for thou art most tasty with
barbecue sauce.

-Chuck

Ah, the Blood of Saints and Martyrs was shed in Vain,
and they leadeth not the 'lord Valve' unto
Enlightenment, but unto Surliness, despite this being
a Time for our Celebration of the Birth of Our Redeeemer.

Patrick Turner.