TubeGarden

Default Wanted: new "el84?" guitar head

Hi RATs!

OK, my wife wants an electric guitar for Xmas

Guitars are easy. What I need is an nice little amp head. Got plenny o' speex.

Reason for purchase: she wants it THIS Xmas. I am a great amp builder, but, not
exactly quick.

Suggestions?

Happy Ears!
Al

Alan J. Marcy
Phoenix, AZ

PWC/mystic/Earhead
Walter Campbell

In article , TubeGarden
wrote:

Hi RATs!

OK, my wife wants an electric guitar for Xmas

Guitars are easy. What I need is an nice little amp head. Got plenny o' speex.

Reason for purchase: she wants it THIS Xmas. I am a great amp builder, but,
not
exactly quick.

Suggestions?

Happy Ears!
Al

Alan,

Get here a used Peavey Classic 30. Fun little amp, not too pricey,
good tone and will let her get lots of sounds and set her up for *next*
years custom made present.

Walt Campbell
Campbell Sound
www.campbellsound.com

Max Holubitsky

Fender Pro Jr. ?

Walter Campbell wrote:

In article , TubeGarden
wrote:

Hi RATs!

OK, my wife wants an electric guitar for Xmas

Guitars are easy. What I need is an nice little amp head. Got plenny o' speex.

Reason for purchase: she wants it THIS Xmas. I am a great amp builder, but,
not
exactly quick.

Suggestions?

Happy Ears!
Al

Alan,

Get here a used Peavey Classic 30. Fun little amp, not too pricey,
good tone and will let her get lots of sounds and set her up for *next*
years custom made present.

Walt Campbell
Campbell Sound
www.campbellsound.com

scottp

Dr Z carmen gia.

Max Holubitsky wrote:

Fender Pro Jr. ?

Walter Campbell wrote:

In article , TubeGarden
wrote:

Hi RATs!

OK, my wife wants an electric guitar for Xmas

Guitars are easy. What I need is an nice little amp head. Got plenny o' speex.

Reason for purchase: she wants it THIS Xmas. I am a great amp builder, but,
not
exactly quick.

Suggestions?

Happy Ears!
Al

Alan,

Get here a used Peavey Classic 30. Fun little amp, not too pricey,
good tone and will let her get lots of sounds and set her up for *next*
years custom made present.

Walt Campbell
Campbell Sound
www.campbellsound.com

Fabio Berutti

A RAT is not allowed to BUY an amp. Look at the Fender Champ schematics
http://www.kbapps.com/audio/tubeamps/fender5f1.html , 3 tubes only and a
handful of components. You can make it in an afternoon and 5W are more than
enough for in-house practicing. The output transformer can be bought at
Triode (http://store.yahoo.com/triodeel/otheritems.html) for 8.95$, and for
sure AES has it, too, if You're in AZ.

Ciao

Fabio

"TubeGarden" ha scritto nel messaggio
Hi RATs!

OK, my wife wants an electric guitar for Xmas

Guitars are easy. What I need is an nice little amp head. Got plenny o'

speex.

Reason for purchase: she wants it THIS Xmas. I am a great amp builder,

but, not
exactly quick.

Suggestions?

Happy Ears!
Al

Alan J. Marcy
Phoenix, AZ

PWC/mystic/Earhead

Yves Monmagnon

"Fabio Berutti" wrote in message
.. .
A RAT is not allowed to BUY an amp. Look at the Fender Champ schematics
http://www.kbapps.com/audio/tubeamps/fender5f1.html , 3 tubes only and a
handful of components. You can make it in an afternoon and 5W are more

than
enough for in-house practicing. The output transformer can be bought at
Triode (http://store.yahoo.com/triodeel/otheritems.html) for 8.95$, and

for
sure AES has it, too, if You're in AZ.

Ciao

Fabio

Are you sure the plate supply of the 6V6 must be AFTER the 10K filter cap ?
Seem difficult to have 40 to 50 mA thru and still remains sufficient B+ !!!
Typo ! ?

Arivederci, Yves.

TubeGarden

Hi RATs!

It is OK, I got Her an oil paint set, instead.

The timetable is now infinite, again.

Happy Ears!
Al

PS I got me a Pioneer DV-563A
Alan J. Marcy
Phoenix, AZ

PWC/mystic/Earhead
Yves Monmagnon

"TubeGarden" wrote in message
Hi RATs!

It is OK, I got Her an oil paint set, instead.

The timetable is now infinite, again.

No problem , just solutions ;)

Happy Ears!
Al