duke

Default Mullard 6G8 Vacuum Tube Pinouts

Hi,

I'm looking for the pinouts for a Mullard 6G8G vacuum tube.

I am restoring an old radio and one of the tubes (or valves to some) is a
6G8. I need to know its pinouts to rewire the radio properly, but I can't
find this information in any of my old references and 'net searches have
been fruitless. I'd be very greatful if someone could please help me out
with this information?

Thanks in advance,

rr

Sebastian

Hi, all

The 6G8(G) is a pentode w/2 Diodes:

Kind of last IF w/ Detector and AVR, or just Detector and first AF
(pre-)
amplifier. Thinking of an EBFxx kind-a-tube. But sorry, until now, I
couldn't find a pinout either, if I get it, I will post it under this
very thread.

http://www.r-type.org/static/web06.htm

regards, Seb.

"Wilfried Derynck" wrote in message t.be...
Your sure that it is not a 6G8 ????(output penthode). Where is the tube
located??? If the last digit is an "8" then it must be a combination tube
( triode -penthode) or a mixer.

Wilfried

"duke" schreef in bericht
Hi,

I'm looking for the pinouts for a Mullard 6G8G vacuum tube.

RdM

(Sebastian) wrote:
in rec.audio.tubes7c4cd888.0311060023.3fc7acef@posti ng.google.com,
on 6 Nov 2003 00:23:20 -0800,
: Hi, all
:
[...]
: ...
: Hi,
:
: I'm looking for the pinouts for a Mullard 6G8G vacuum tube.

It's in "A Comprehensive Valve Guide" by B. B. Babani, Book 2:

6G8

Looks like a dual diode-tetrode. I.O.base [International Octal?]
pin 1 NC
pin 2 heater
pin 3 anode
pin 4 one diode anode
pin 5 second diode anode
pin 6 screen grid (G2)
pin 7heater
pin 8 cathode
TC control grid (G1)

I would be happy to scan the page on request.

Says it is of USA make, which makes the Mullard bit interesting.

The 6G8 ref. base diagram definitely shows a tetrode.
I suppose there's a minor chance of an error, but ... pentode?
Why did you think it was a pentode, without the base diagram?
Or was that just a guess? (;=})

Regards, RdM
reverse the country code (actually, it gets spam anyway;-))
RdM

I wrote:

: : "duke" schreef in bericht
: : ...
: : Hi,
: :
: : I'm looking for the pinouts for a Mullard 6G8G vacuum tube.
:
: It's in "A Comprehensive Valve Guide" by B. B. Babani, Book 2:
:
: 6G8
:
: Looks like a dual diode-tetrode. I.O.base [International Octal?]
: pin 1 NC
: pin 2 heater
: pin 3 anode
: pin 4 one diode anode
: pin 5 second diode anode
: pin 6 screen grid (G2)
: pin 7heater
: pin 8 cathode
: TC control grid (G1)
:
: I would be happy to scan the page on request.

I've scanned it anyway and sent via email to the OP.
duke

Many thanks to all those who took the time to reply and especially RdM for
the scan out of the Mullard valve handbook. May you prosper. The
information has allowed me to get the audio stages working.

"RdM" wrote in message
I wrote:

: : "duke" schreef in bericht
: : ...